Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Lush Once Upon A Time Body Lotion Review


 

Someone at Lush really loves Snow White. This is the 2nd Snow White themed bath product I have had from them, the first being the So White Bath Bomb (Snow White).  Stupidly I bought this full price when I could have waited for it to go on sale and get it half off. They had these over quite a few days..so much so that I thought about getting a larger sized back up. But I bought so much other stuff I didn't end up picking one up.

Lush claims:

Brightening apple infusion and softening organic illipe butter come together in this lightly fruity Christmas body lotion. What a fairytale!


I always think of this scene. That apple must have smelled and looked absolutely delicious for Snow to take it and actually eat it. For me, this old woman screams Stranger Danger and that would be a no from me. 


via GIPHY

It might have smelled just like this body lotion. Which does smell really nice, fresh, crisp, and apple-y. I think apple scents are easy to do though since I've had nice apple scents from Bath and Body Works, The Body Shop, and even Victoria's Secret.  This one is very good though. I'm not much of an apple scent fanatic, but I do enjoy this. 

It's also nice and strong so when I use it, it really scents up the room and lingers on my skin for hours and hours. It is very strong though so if strong scents bother you are induce headaches, I think this one would be one to stay away from.

As for moisture, it does feel a little sticky. In my head, it must be the apple juice that they use as an ingredient. I don't mind. It's pretty light. I thought it would be heavier and adequately moisturizing. If you have super dry or even dry skin, this might be too light. 

It does look a little strange. I was no expecting such a green color to it, but luckily it doesn't stain or leave green anywhere

The ingredients are excellent. I don't think I've ever used a lotion with such excellent ingredients. Apples are said to be an astringent and cleansing ingredient. I feel like that's what gives it it's sticky feeling. It also has goodies like Almond Oil, Apple Water (more apple goodness), Jojoba, Murumuru Butter, Illipe Butter, grapefruit, lemon and lime oil. I've never seen so many different exotic butters in one product! 

Ingredients:

Apple Infusion, Almond Oil, Apple Water, Organic Jojoba Oil, Glycerin, Murumuru Butter, Stearic Acid, Parfum, Organic Illipe Butter, Triethanolamine, Limonene, Glyceryl Stearate, Grapefruit Oil, Lemon Oil, Lime Oil, Butyphenyl Methylproprionol, Citral, Citronellol, Coumarin, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellol, Linalool, Color

Overall, I do like it and I may rebuy if it was on sale...I think there are others I would purchase before I would buy another tub of this one.  But I could see myself gifting it! 



No comments:

Post a Comment