Monday, July 26, 2021

My Eyeshadow Palette Collection

 I did one of these posts years and years back and thought it would be fun to do another. Just a little inventory of all my palettes. I went through a period of time where I was just buying and buying them. And then once I realized it was a little out of control I just stopped. So most of my palettes are old but since powder shadows really don't expire, I figured I would keep them until I use them. I do try to use some up....but it's very hard to get through an eyeshadow and because I try to rotate them a lot, some barely see any use unless I am trying to use them up.

And I've definitely used up quite a few shadows. When I first got into makeup I used the same palette nearly everyday and finished up a few drugstore shadows/palettes that way. 

Anyway...here's what I've got and why I haven't been buying many shadows in the past few years. Of course this doesn't include the random single shadows I have...


1. Smashbox on the Rocks palette- Unfortunately I bought most of my palettes when cool colors were the thing but I definitely prefer warm shades. I do like this palette...but there are quite a few colors I don't really use and I wish I could trade this one for a warmer palette. But I'm going to use it regardless.


2. Too Faced Loves Sephora Palette- I'm pretty sure I bought this cause it was on sale. As you can see, I've used up a lot out of it. All the bronzer/blushes are gone and even a shadow used up! There are some colors I really love in it, so it's not really a palette I would try to use up unless it's a color I just don't use.

3. MAC Palette- I have quite a few MAC shades and I really do love some MAC. They aren't excessively powdery like a lot of new shadows seem to be. They are pure pigments that looks great on my skin tone. They aren't as "white powder based" as some of other brands, which makes them look ashy on my. As I finish up some shades in my collection, I do plant to slowly fill up the MAC palette, which I've been meaning to do for years! 


4 and 5. Too Faced Chocolate Bar and the Semi- Sweet- The original chocolate bar is my favorite neutral/everyday type of of palette. I love it and am bummed it's disappointed that it was discontinued. The Semi Sweet has pretty colors but the formula was really not the same. I have learned to work with it and I do like it but the original wins. I was glad when they came out with the 3 and it looked so juvenile and cool toned. It was an easy skip and kept me from going crazy buying all the Too Faced shadows. I wish I had room in my collection for the Sweet Peach palette! 


5. Anastasia Modern Renaissance- My lovely friend bought this for me! I was so pleasantly shocked and happy. I feel like I've used it and used it and never formed an opinion. I should probably review it! 


6. Urban Decay Black Palette- Black Dog (black matte shade) is the best black shadow ever. Overall, I forget I have this one, but it's good to pull in when you need a colored black in a look. I also really love the Barracuda shade too.  I'm usually into light warm looks which is why this doesn't get the most use. Whoops!


7. Viseart Dark Mattes- This is my newest palette! I love the color selection and the fact that when I bought it I wasn't adding any light shades I don't want and have too many of. I also found it has some shades I didn't already have like the matte greens. The tones of blue are also colors I didn't have and warm browns are always welcome to my collection.


8. Urban Decay Vice 2- This was another gift from my sister. It started an obsession with wanting to collect the Vice Palettes but I stopped with the last one that came out. I love these palettes and I need to stop trying to save them and go ahead and use up some of the shades I love. 



9. Urban Decay Vice 4- There are some truly lovely shades in here that I love. I mean...really love! Some are annoying with the glitter fall out. I need to buy some glitter glue...but I need to use up some stuff I have in my collection before I buy it. In the meantime, using them wet is the best way to go! 



10. Urban Decay Vice 3- The qualify of some of the shades in here was not so great but there were some good colors in it. Probably not my favorite Vice palette but I do love the color story.



11. Urban Decay Electric Palette- Clearly I love Urban Decay...but this palette. I love it so much I basically don't use it. I tend to do that with my favorites. I really need to use it more though.





12. Urban Decay Vice LTD- This is one of the first (and last) palettes I set an alarm to get my hands on. I do really like this palette but after that...I never did it again. I didn't like participating in the frenzy so if something sells out, it just wasn't meant for me to get. Also..I stopped buying as much makeup...only recently have I lost my mind purchasing brushes I don't need.




13. Smashbox On the Rocks Palette Mini- Only bought this because it was $12 or so dollars. In hindsight, I really find the colors (except one) to be quite boring. If I had it to do over I woulda left it in the store. But it taught me not to buy things just because they are "cheap"


14. Stila Palette- Another one I bought because it was only $10 But I only really like the purple shade so I'm trying to use up the blue and green shades. I plan to use the the blue and purple up by the end of the year and pull the purple out. 

And...that's it! Finally reached the end. It's a nice little collection. I'm definitely going to try to use up some colors to make room for a few (ok..one)  more. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment