Saturday, July 24, 2021

Lush Happy Hippy Shower Gel Review



 Moving right to my pretty large collection of Lush Shower Gels. I bought a ton of them in the sale which is the best time to try it and they have just been sitting while I used up some of the soaps. Since it's the middle of summer, I figured I would move onto Happy Hippy. Which is a more citrus/grapefruit type of Shower Gel. I was actually a little surprised it was so citrusy...with a name like Happy Hippy, I was kind of expecting some Patchouli.

Lush claims:

Brighten grey days and skin with Happy Hippy. Packed with grapefruit and bergamot, it's a citrusy explosion for your skin and senses.

This sunny, self-preserving shower gel is one of our happiest, a magic potion to make the even the office seem inviting on Monday morning! Packed full of fresh grapefruit juice and zesty grapefruit and bergamot oils, this citrusy gel revitalizes both skin and mind to make you look and feel refreshed. Wash with this groovy gel when you wake up and spread the good vibes all day.

So let's start with scent. It smells like Grapefruit. A nice, real grapefruit and something else...maybe herbal? I like Grapefruit scents. And I've tried a lot including the the Zum Grapefruit Soap,and  The Body Shop Grapefruit Shower Gel, I think back in the day I tried one from Soft Soap too. I think it captures the grapefruit scent the best. It's a very light scent and pleasant. But boring. So boring. Especially for a Lush scent. I'm honestly kinda tired of using it. I think it would have made a better hand soap scent. 

The lather is OK. It's a true sort of gel. Just average bubblage.. But it rinses clean and doesn't dry out my skin too much. I would say it's slightly drying. It cleans OK. 

It does have SLS. I don't mind SLS on my skin for the most part, if it's in my hair then it's a problem. I do love that it has some of my very favorite essential oils. I love Grapefruit and Bergamot oils. I should probably try mixing them together. I also find Bergamot crazy relaxing and I do notice that lately I've been more sluggish and tired than normal throughout the day. I wonder if it's this gel but more likely I'm not getting enough sleep.

I also find it interesting that it has Lactic Acid. The citrus in here is supposed to be brightening. And then you have Lactic Acid which is a bit exfoliating. I do love Lactic Acid on my face. Not sure if it made a difference but cool to see.

Ingredients:

Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycerine, Water (Aqua), Grapefruit Water (Citrus paradisi), Fresh Pink Grapefruit Infusion (Citrus paradisi), Lauryl Betaine, Fresh Grapefruit Juice (Citrus paradisi), Grapefruit Oil (Citrus paradisi), Bergamot Oil (Citrus Aurantium bergamia), Olibanum Oil (Boswellia carterii), Lactic Acid, *Citronellol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume

Overall, it was just average. Not one I would buy again...but if you love light citrus scents then maybe you would love this. There's gotta be a reason it's been selling all these years, right? 

I wonder if the song was named for the Bobby Womack song of the same name?

No comments:

Post a Comment