Thursday, July 22, 2021

Marley Spoon (2 Meals) and Shole-Zard

 I got another food box...this time on purpose. So I picked out all of the meals...yay! So far I've only made two of the meals but I don't want to let my recipe posts build up, so here we are...

The first recipe I decided to make ( I wanted something quick and easy) were the Teriyaki wraps. Which were...alright. Somehow I used the "wrong chicken" because I was tired and having a hard time accessing the site and translating it over. But no big deal. It worked. I wasn't a big fan of the carrot salad with the raw leeks. One of the wraps I ate later I ended up just putting the Teriyaki chicken and some avocado and then I really liked it. It was the magic of avocado! I have a lot of wraps left which is nice so I made turkey and cheese wraps with the leftovers. I probably would have had way more meat if I used the right chicken. But overall, average and not one I would buy again. 

The next recipe was much better...but not sure if it is better than my own version of a Tikka chicken. Although I did lose my leeks (they were downstairs) and I didn't add them. I did like how the rice came out. It wasn't dry like basmati rice usually tends to come out for me. The fun part was the fig cream. I actually really liked it although it was a big weird at first. Would definitely make a fig cream again, it was as easy as stirring in the dried figs, honey and apple cider vinegar. Who knew? Overall, I liked it.

And then a random recipe...from Afghanistan. Shole-Zard. I'm sure it would be more amazing if someone else made it. I used some super old saffron we have had for a few years. It's never had any flavor but it does add a punch of color. For me...this was just a rose rice pudding. I didn't get the pistachios because most of the time I don't find it never adds anything and didn't feel like doing all the work shelling them. But there it was. Doesn't look as pretty as the ones you google but I tried! 


And that's all! I'll post the last Marley Spoon recipe in the next post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment