Wednesday, July 7, 2021

The Ordinary 100% Cold Pressed Virgin Marula Oil Review

 I messed myself up doing way to many standing ups side crunches. You know when you do an exercise and you're like these aren't really doing anything...I'm gonna keep on doing them. Now I'm wish I would have quit while I was ahead. Whenever I do any type of core exercises and they make me sore, I get really lazy over the next couple of days. Which is what is happening to me now. A good reason to avoid core exercises 😂

But back to what this post is about. Marula oil. I had never heard of Marula Oil until Drunk Elephant came out with their version. Which is extremely pricey and not something I really want to spend my coins on. I did have a sample of it.  I don't remember being overly impressed with it but that was a few years ago.

The Ordinary claims:

Referred to as a "luxury" oil by some, this antioxidant-rich oil is obtained from the kernels of the fruits of Marula tree. It's mostly composed of oleic acid and linoleic acid but also contains procyanidin, catechins and flavanoids. Marula oil offers antioxidants, hydrates the skin and is claimed to help restore a radiant tone. This formula contains only cold-pressed virgin African Marula oil that is 100% unrefined.

High Purity

Sustainably Sourced

Made in South Africa

Notes: Supplied in UV-protective packaging.

In comparison this version is so much more affordable at about $10 an ounce. That price I can do. I have read the Drunk Elephant one is fair trade which I don't believe The Ordinary one is. That's a bummer. But at the same time, I don't think Drunk Elephant is really passing as much as they could be with the profit they are making off of theirs (I could be wrong though). 

Back when I tried my little sample packet of the Drunk Elephant, that one had the smell of a toasted sesame oil. So I assumed this one would too. But..really there is no scent whatsoever. I don't mind it not having any scent but it definitely became a bit boring to use after awhile. So I dug in my little box of oils and added green tea extract  now I'm excited to use it. It smells just like green tea now and I'm sure has more benefits for the skin. 

The oil itself is about a medium, clear oil. It's not heavy but it's not a super light one that your skin sucks up either. On my oily/combo skin it's just a "normal" oil. Sometimes I feel it would be better for dryer skin. It definitely gives you a bit of a glow which is nice.

It doesn't clog up my skin and cause any acne but I have read for others it did. 

My skin has looked more even over the last couple months. Maybe it's the oil? Other than that I'm not noticing anything special. My dark marks aren't fading. I'm sure it promotes healthy skin and anti-aging but at the same time they aren't really results I feel I am seeing or that you would see/notice.

I love the little bottle it comes in. I just love brown glass bottles and the little dropper is A-OK with me. It's easy to recycle or repurpose the bottles. I wish they gave the option to not get the dropper though. I feel it would save material if they gave us the option to re-use droppers we already have and just get a tin  and easily recyclable cap.

It's Ok. I don't think it's an oil I must have again. Maybe I will get another down the line to add to my Shea Butter mixes but it's not something I would say is a favorite or something I will be particularly sad about using up.

No comments:

Post a Comment