Sunday, August 22, 2021

All the Palettes...

I'm going through that phase again where I'm into palettes. I've been watching palette reviews on youtube, which is probably not the best thing because it makes me want to buy, buy, buy. I have three palettes on the way to me now...then I will probably wait until next year or so to purchase another. Hopefully longer!  I'm also going through my shadows and trying to use up or find another use for some of the ones I don't like. The best way to use them up is as a bubble bath colorant. It's like a Lush bath without the sparkles and can be nice depending on the bubble bath you use. I've also used some in my Shea Butter mix to give myself some sparkly skin. 

Anyway...these are the brands of shadow or palettes I really want to try. 


1. Coloured Raine- I love that Coloured Raine is a black owned brand. I really want to try their shadows but the palette I want to try most seems to be discontinued. I am going to keep an eye on them though. I wish they would release more singles/have more singles available on their site. Especially that mustardy yellow/orange.



2. Melt Cosmetics- I'm late to the hype of the Gemini palette. I really only want that green shade that is the lsat shade. Maybe the other three green shades too. I've seen the greens look amazing on some people, but in reality the colors probably won't look that great on my coloring. I still want them but probably wouldn't actually buy the palette because Melt is very expensive and tends to have hit or miss quality according to everything I've read. Probably wouldn't buy a palette but if they released that green as a single...I might just have to pick it up.


3. Viseart- I got my first Viseart palette a few months ago. I bought the dark mattes. It's a pro brand and has what many say are the best mattes you can buy. I think they are nice but I need to play with them more. I was blown away by the Navy-ish shade though. It really elevated a cheap shadow I have in a way no other shadow in my collection has. I also notice the shimmers I mix them with don't muddle as much with them. So...I've ordered two more, including Editorial Brights. I haven't gotten it yet. But look at that Grand Pro 3. I love bright colors. I think I might...maybe...treat myself. Their Instgram was teasing a Grand Pro 3X, and they were polling people to see what colors they needed to add. I think they might go with purples. So if they do come out with it...IDK. I might get it. Let me start saving now. Cause that price....

4. Pat Mcgrath- Muva! I do really want to try out a Pat Mcgrath Palette. But those prices for 10 shades! In a few years I might go for it. If I can't finish up another large palette in my collection. Or Maybe 2. The way the shadows look on Instagram is breathtaking. I think they may look better there but I'm still curious to see for myself. 

5. Natasha Denona- When she first came out the palette that was on sale was well over $200...and I didn't understand the price. I still don't, not really. But I guess there's a lot of shadow in it? Anyway, now I do want to try one of the mini pans. I think the price is OK to just try them out. Not sure which one I want...but one day I am gonna get one.




6.  Kaleidos- I love their fun colors and color combinations. I typically try to buy eyeshadow not made in China..but I am interested in trying a Chinese brand from a Chinese founder made in China. I think that's pretty cool! I do really want the Escape Pod Palette. But I'm going to try to use up some of my fun colors before I order one. Hopefully they aren't discontinued anytime soon. Or later.



6. Menagerie Cosmetics- This is another brand that makes the most fun palettes. I like that the offer singles too which I probably will try sooner than later. They had a purple palette that was gorgeous. And purples are neutral shade to me.




7. Shroud Cosmetics- I'm really drawn to pastel shades. Although true pastels won't really work for my skintone, I've heard they make some of the best. They also have some other really nice shades and you can buy them as singles! 

I also really want to try some singles from JD Glow. Another black owned brand and they make gorgeous duo-chromes but I don't think they make palettes.

And I think that's it. For today.  I actually have a list of way more brands in my Notes in my phone..but these are just the ones I want to try out the most.



No comments:

Post a Comment