Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Laura Mercier Flawless Lumiere Radiance Perfecting Foundation Review



 I go through foundation extremely slowly...and the pandemic has definitely extended the time I've had this for. I used to wear foundation most days I left the house but now with having to wear a mask, I rarely wear it because it transfers everywhere...well everywhere on the mask. Anyway, I bought this before the pandemic really started. I had wanted to try it for awhile but I couldn't figure out my shade match...I think I'm in between shades but I went with this one because I did kinda get matched and we all agreed this was best. 

Laura Mercier claims:

Skin looks naturally luminous in any light with Flawless Lumière Radiance-Perfecting Foundation, an Allure Best of Beauty Award Winner. Infused with a potent blend of Vitamin C to illuminate skin, and a rare mushroom extract to power 15-hours of hydration*, Flawless Lumière is Laura’s essential foundation for brighter, healthier looking skin instantly and over time. Dull, dry skin and uneven skin tone are visibly improved.

Instant luminosity: 83% of consumers say the foundation makes skin look naturally glowing immediately.**
Comfortable wear: 86% of consumers say the foundation feels weightless and is breathable***
Even application: 86% of consumers say the foundation applies evenly and smoothly.***
Soft-Focus Effect: 83% of consumers say the foundation blurs the look of imperfections.***
Healthy Looking Skin: 83% of consumers say the foundation immediately diminishes the appearance of dullness and sallowness.**

Fragrance-free. Non-comedogenic. Dermatologist-tested. Suitable for all skin types, especially normal to dry.

Available in 30 shades for virtually all skin tones.

Key Ingredients
Super Clear Crystal Pearl: reflects light for an immediate luminous effect
Vitamin C: helps reveal brighter, clearer, more even looking skin over time- so even without makeup, your skin looks radiant
Silver Ear Mushroom Extract: keeps skin visibly smooth while softening the look of lines and wrinkles
Light-reflecting Powders: create a refined blurring effect to smooth skin’s texture and diffuse the look of imperfections

*Clinical results based on independent consumer testing with 29 women
** After 2 weeks of independent consumer testing with 29 women
***After 4 weeks of independent consumer testing with 29 women


This is an expensive foundation...but I find foundation can be one of the make up products that is worth splurging on for a good shade match/better wear (not that you can't find something great in the drugstore.) Which this wasn't. It's just a little lighter, and I could have bought another shade to mix in but at that price? Nope! It does work a little bit better in winter for me though.

I went with the shade Pecan which is described as a Medium Deep with a  Cool Undertone. I don't think the color is cool at all. And I am definitely not cool toned. My skin is very warm. As far as colors for deeper skin, it's a line that does a better job than most and that was before it became in to have a more universal range. 

 

As for wear...it's not the best for me. When I am putting it on, I like the coverage it gives without being heavy but I find on the problem areas like my chin area it just kinda disappears after a few minutes unless I set it heavily with powder. But while it's there for those ten minutes it is nice coverage without look heavy, it's just the color looks slightly off and too orange. It seems to last well everywhere else. It's more of a medium coverage foundation.

The finish is slightly dewey. I like the finish. And it doesn't get too oily and greasy looking (just a luminous glow as the day goes on) unless I put something too heavy underneath it. I only use a primer sometimes since I expect great performance without a primer for the price. I do think a primer greatly extends the wear...but it does pretty decent on it's own in my non-problem areas. 

It doesn't have any particular smell, it smells like any other foundation. Maybe like the Revlon Colorstay.

One thing worth mentioning- I don't feel like my bronzer and blushes like to show up over it too well. They will be nicely pigmented and easy to show up on other bases...maybe it's a combo of the powder and this foundation? But I thought that was something I should mention. It may just be a "me" problem though.

I don't find that I get any particular skin care benefits out of it, but I like the idea of it having Vitamin C and whatever special mushroom stuff they put in it. It's definitely not drying and doesn't seem to be harming my skin. Doesn't cause breakout or anything else concerning.

The packaging is nice. Glass bottle that comes with a pump. They aren't charging you extra for the pump...but it's probably factored into the price. 

I set it with the Laura Mercier Powder, added the smallest touch of bronzer and NARS Gina Blush.

Overall, it's not something I would repurchase. I like the finish...but for the price I want a better shade match (it may work for you) and more long wear in my problem areas without setting it with a ton of powder.

Ignore my two different eyes, I was testing one purple vs another trying to decide which I liked more.

No comments:

Post a Comment