Thursday, August 26, 2021

Lush Boo Shower Slime Review

 I think it's almost time for the Halloween themed stuff to come out. Or maybe I'm a little too early. I saw this last year on the site and I ended up trying most of the Halloween line except the pumpkin bath bomb and the shower slime. There may have been a few others. I wanted to try the slime but I didn't want to get too much. When it went in the Christmas sale for half price, I couldn't resist.

Lush claims:

A softening and exfoliating shower slime, made for fun, luxurious washes. Fragranced with the familiar herbaceous scent of Lord of Misrule.

They are so innovative. First they bring us bath bombs, lotion bars, and here we are with slime. It seems more like a product that would be geared at kids. But...adults have to have fun sometimes. I have to admit I really enjoyed playing with the slime. Took me back to my silly putty days. I tended to just play with it randomly rather than in the shower. And it made washing my hands fun! 



The texture it literally slime. With some exfoliation in it. I liked the exfoliating bits for my hands. Not so much my body. I also like that the exfoliant is just coconut shell. Nothing that is harmful if it goes down the drain.

When I first started playing in the slime, I didn't expect that it would lather that great, surprisingly the lather is thicker and slightly richer than most of the other Lush shower gels I've tried. It has an interesting texture unlike anything I've ever used.

They seem to change the scent every year. I think the first year it was the Snowfairy scent but they changed it to the Lord of Misrule scent to make it more Halloween themed. I like the Lord of Misrule scent. It's a rich patchouli-vanilla scent. It smells really very nice. A very good Halloween scent. I did find the scent to be better to use on occasion as it keeps the scent more "special" but I've been using it most days to use it up and move on to something else in my collection cause I have quite a few gels I want to get through. 

The slime is black with multi colored glitters (biodegradable). The lather is a little bit gray but it's not overly colored or hard to rinse down the drain.

The Ingredients are..alright. I like that it includes actual Patchouli Oil,Vanilla absolute and Black Pepper Oil.

Ingredients:

Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycerin, Water, Cornstarch, Propylene Glycol, Baking Soda, Xanthum, Ground Coconut Shell, Perfume, Black Pepper Oil, Dark Sumatran Patchouli Oil, Vanilla Absolute, Titanium Dioxide, Synthetic Biodegrade-able Glitter, Tin Oxide, Limonene, Linalool, Colour 

I actually really liked this shower slime, which was a pleasant surprise to me. Unfortunately it only comes around at that spooky time of the year. I do have an all natural alternative/suggestion that if you like the scent of this..you will definitely love the scent of the Blue Haze soap from Lux Naturals. Not as fun of a format but ...still nice.


No comments:

Post a Comment