Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Marvin Sapp

It's time for a Gospel post. I don't post a lot of Gospel music so when I do, you know it's music I really love! Sometimes I'm surprised by how many of the lyrics I actually know to some of the songs, but then again I really shouldn't be because I basically grew up on his Gospel-at least on Sundays. 

Anywho...these are my Marvin Sapp faves. 

The Best In Me....this is a beautiful song.  Marvin is a master of combining a testimony and a song. Nobody does it better.


He Has His Hands On You is another great one, I love how motivating and encouraging always seem to be a key message in his songs.


This is a more upbeat one. Also another one before I downloaded not too long ago but before I did I knew most of the words and couldn't figure out how or when I was listening to this particular song- although I should have known- HOME. My mom used to wear Marvin Sapp records out! 


I'm surprised Wait doesn't have more views. I love this song!


Glory was a newer song to me, sounds a little different to most of his other music. It makes me want to join a choir (nothing like being a part of a church choir!). I can see the choir director in my head directing this song the whole time I listen.


Nothing Else Matters really showcases what a beautiful voice Marvin Sapp has. 


Never Would Have Made never ever fails to make me emotional. I went through some tough stuff a few years back but I'm here and I feel every last lyric/word to this song. I can't even tell you how many times I've done the UGLY cry to this song. It's a twelve minute song (at least here, my version is only 6 minutes)  and worth listening to every single second.


I love this song! The live versions are few and far between. I'm really glad this one was recorded live. The sound so amazing you can hardly tell it's live!


And last but not least, Rivers Flow. Another beautiful one. Obviously this was the concert to go to!


And that's all. You won't find any Gospel playlist I ever make without some Marvin Sapp. His songs are essential.


No comments:

Post a Comment