Monday, December 20, 2021

Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy Sleep Lavender+Vanilla Body Lotion Review

At this stage in my life I am drawn to anything that promotes sleep and relaxation. And also anything that comes in glass packaging. There's a lot of things at Bath and Body works that gets a pass or just straight up doesn't appeal to me but when I saw the packaging for this, I had to have it. It comes in a thick, heavy cobalt blue bottle. Another reason I got this was because I had a coupon I wanted to use, and adding this to my cart let me. So in the end it was spend 40 dollars or get this and spend 50 dollars but save five. They always get me like that! 

Bath and Body Works claims:

Lavender oil inspires tranquility. Vanilla absolute calms the mind to encourage relaxation

Wind down and welcome the night with this carefully crafted essential oil blend and use as part of your bedtime ritual. This ultra-nourishing, fast-absorbing body lotion made with vitamin E and shea butter locks in moisture all day. Fragranced with natural essential oils and other natural fragrances.

Years and years ago I remember this line, my mom had a gift set of the lotions and I remember them smelling really good. That was probably back when I was in high school. 

I think at some point it was discontinued and then they brought it back. I think but I'm not sure. I can go for years ignoring the brand. 


But back to the packaging... Once the bottle is empty I'm going to add it to my collection and re-home some of my cheaper plastic packaged stuff into the bottle. I'll keep it as long as the pump keeps working. 

The price is $13.50 for 6.5 fl ounces. Not the cheapest...not the most expensive. And might be possible to get a little cheaper in a sale. 

The scent of it is nice. It's a calm, gentle, scent that smells like it could be part of a baby line. It also kinda reminds me a little of baby wipes. I don't really smell much Lavender or Vanilla. Actually...if I concentrate really hard I can kinda smell the Lavender. It doesn't jump out at me though. 

As for moisture, it does OK.It seems really hydrating going on and absorbs really easily. It's very light weight though. If I'm sitting in the house the moisture is fine but as soon as I step outside it's not enough and then I feel kinda dry. I think it's due to the ingredients...

Which I don't like. I'm not a fan of mineral oil in by lotions, it's basically crude refined oil and there are better oils that do more for the skin. It has some OK stuff but it's lower down in the list- Lavender Oil, Vitamin E, Shea Butter, and Aloe. There are probably micro-amounts in the lotion...so they don't count for too much.

Ingredients:

Water, Mineral Oil, Fragrance, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Cetyl Alchohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Palmitic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Cross polymer, Stearic Acid, Glycerin,Sodium Hydroxide, Methylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin. Lavender Oil, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Vitamin E. Shea Butter, Aloe Vera Juice, Vanilla Fruit, Vitamin E, Cinnamal, linallol, Butylphenyl Methylpropionol, Coumarin, Alpha- Isomethyl Ionone, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Farnesol, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Cinnamyl Alcohol, 


Overall, it was pleasant but I wouldn't buy it again. My pick would be the Lush Sleepy lotion which is also Lavender and Vanilla for the ultimate wind down/relaxing lotion. I would buy the other scents though...mostly because I really want to glass bottles.

No comments:

Post a Comment