Friday, January 14, 2022

First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Face Cleanser with Fab AntiOxidant Booster Review

 Doesn't this brand remind you of a fancier Cerave? I've never tried Cerave but it is on my list since it has been so hyped up lately. Typically I use all natural cleansers bar soap cleansers but I decided to take a break and try something different. I really want to get into trying out little sampler packs so I can try more new things without a big commitment, so I started with a FAB set. 

I bought this particular 2 oz cleaner in a sampler pack that has a moisturizer with it and exfoliating pads. I will review those later though. I've been testing them one at a time for the most part to really get a feel for how it works for me and now that I'm about two months into it, I'm ready to review it.

FAB claims:

Fragrance-free cleanser removes makeup, oil and dirt

A fragrance-free, gentle cleanser that effectively removes makeup, dirt and grime, leaving skin soft and supple. The whipped texture transforms into a sumptuous cream when blended with water. Infused with a powerful Botanical Antioxidant blend, it helps safeguard skin against environmental aggressors while also calming irritated skin. This non-stripping, pH-balanced formula works to maintain skin's natural acidity and helps reduce flare ups, never leaving skin feeling tight or dry.

Dermatologist Tested, Gluten-Free, Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Suitable for Sensitive Skin, Vegan, Nano-Free

FREE FROM:

Alcohol, Artificial Colorants, Artificial Fragrance, Lanolin, Mineral Oil, Parabens, Petrolatum, Phthalates, Propylene Glycol, Sulfates, Talc, Formaldehydes, Oxybenzone, Coal Tar, Hydroquinone, Triclocarbon, Ethanol, Ethyl Alcohol

This cleanser is nice for the most part.

It is a thick, almost pearlized looking cream that turns into a foam when you rub it into your hands. You only need the tiniest bit to get the job done. The first couple of times I used it, I definitely overdid it and used way too much. I've since learned to really dial it back. But a little does go a long way.

It also does a really good job of cleaning your face. I don't tend to get it in my eyes so I don't think it irritates or burns my eyes. But it does a really good job of getting hard to remove mascara off. It really cleans off everything in one go, although if I have a full face on I like to lather it up twice/use the double cleanse method. 

I don't notice any particular drying out of my skin but I usually follow up with Shea Butter or some kind of moisturizer. 

It claims to be for all skin types and I think that it will work for most skin types. 

The only issue I have is the scent. It's unscented but it has that unscented smell. It kinda reminds me a little of vomit. IDK. The Dove unscented soap  has the same note. It was really noticeable the first month I used it but not so noticeable later on. It's not as bad as I'm making it sound but I would prefer it to be scented rather than have the unscented scent. Then again, with the way people avoid scented skincare these days maybe it's best that it's unscented. 


The price is a little on the higher side at $24 for 5 oz. You can definitely find similar cleansers for a better price point,  but if you have the money it's not a bad option.

The ingredients are what I expect. 
Not all natural but it does have some decent additives in it.

water/aqua/eausodium cocoyl isethionateglycerinstearic acidstearyl alcoholallantoinchrysanthemum parthenium (feverfew) extractcamellia sinensis leaf extractglycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extractaloe barbadensis leaf juicetocopherolascorbyl palmitate, caprylyl glycolsodium pcacoco-glucosideglyceryl oleatehydroxypropyl methylcellulosehydrogenated palm glycerides citratedisodium cocoamphodiacetatelecithinphenoxyethanolsodium chloridedisodium edtacitric acidmaltodextrinleuconostoc/radish root ferment filtratetetrasodium edta

Overall, it's not bad. Not bad all. Not sure that I would personally repurchase but it would be something I would recommend trying if you have sensitive skin and you like Cerave/Cetaphil type cleanser. 


No comments:

Post a Comment