Sunday, January 16, 2022

Lush Sweet Wild Orange Hand Balm Review

 I bought this on my trip to the states so thew writing is in English. Yay for being able to read it! Anyway, I was roaming around the store in VA and determined to get something but not sure what. I wanted to wait for the Christmas sale to see what I could get half off...so that was more limiting as that took out all of the Holiday stuff. Eventually I settled on this hand cream. My hands stay dry in the winter, most of the time I can put some lotion on, walk out, and my hands are ashy again. So I was hoping this would help me out.

Lush claims:

This sweet wild orange and organic aloe vera gel formula sinks in quick to refresh and soothe hands.

This light balm is made with a blend of nourishing almond oil, coconut oil and glycerine to hydrate and soothe dry, over-washed skin. The refreshing scent of sweet wild orange oil will make you smile, while the balm sinks in quickly for a non-greasy finish. Don’t you love it when your hands smell like freshly peeled oranges?


Our fair trade organic cocoa butter is grown by farmers in eastern Congo (DRC). We pay a premium that allows them to invest in their local communities.So like I said the scent is amazing. It smells so good. If you like citrus scents, you will 100% love the scent of this. The scent strength is perfect for me too, it's not too strong and not too light either. It also lingers pleasantly. It's almost like a mood booster, aromatherapy in a hand cream.

As for moisture, if you like quick absorbing hand creams that won't have you leaving greasy prints everywhere (phone, computer, etc) this does absorb very easily and it's not greasy at all. It really feels like a moisture boost when you put it on, but after a few moments it feels a little strange on my hands. I can't really describe it well, but I don't really like it as much as some other hand creams I've used. Why hands are soft, they just feel moisturized but still dry on the inside?  That doesn't really make sense though.

It isn't a heavy duty hand cream. It doesn't stand up as well in wintery-dry-cold conditions. My hands don't look as dry as they would if I used something else or skipped it entirely, but it could be better. Especially when you consider the $22 price tag. 

I think it's just more suitable for summer/spring. 

It comes in a tub, which is a little odd for a hand cream. Not sure I've ever had one packaged this way but I'm kinda OK with it because it's in the packaging you can collect and return so when you have 5 pots, you can return it and get a free face mask. 

The ingredients are great, they are as you would expect from Lush. I love that it has fair trade ingredients. It's important that everyone get fair wages and I try to support that when possible. That's the way the world should be. I do also love that it contains so many great for your skin ingredients. Aloe, Cocoa, Shea, Orange oil, Macadamia oil, Almond, Wheat germ.....I do feel like all those ingredients do help your hands overtime, minor cuts will heal quickly. Also, for some reason it seems to make my nails look amazing and I have noticed they look healthier and growing longer since using this regularly. 

The orange color is fun and it's nice that Lush used an alternative/more natural colorant. I hope they continue with that in future products.

Ingredients:

Fair Trade Aloe Vera Gel, Water, Squalane, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Sweet Wild Orange Oil, Limonene, Cetearyl Olivate and Sorbitan Olivate, Almond Oil, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Organic Macadamia Nut Oil, Fair Trade Shea Butter, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter, Soybean Oil, Sodium Alginate, Wheatgerm Oil, Paprika Oleorsin, Vitamin E, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alchohol, Citral, Linalool 

Overall, I think it would be a nice summer hand cream, but I don't really need a summer hand cream. It would probably be a good for work hand cream as well. But..I don't need that either. I do really love the scent but for the price point it isn't perfect for me, and it needs to be at $22.. I am really glad I tried it and I don't feel like I wasted my money, but I probably wouldn't repurchase.


No comments:

Post a Comment