Sunday, February 6, 2022

Alikay Naturals Honey and Sage Deep Conditioner Review



 This has been on my review list for forever....I've held on to the last little bit and held off using it because I wanted to save it to review. I've had it for months and months. Now it's finally time to review and move it out to try new things or repurchase...

Alikay claims: 

Our award-winning Honey and Sage Deep Conditioner is a premium, humectant-based deep treatment for delivering maximum moisture to dry, damaged hair. The honey pulls moisture from the air into your hair and locks it into each strand for ultimate hydration replenishment and retention.Babassu, Sage and Extra Virgin Olive Oil were specifically added to enhance this process. As the conditioner penetrates deep into the follicle, you immediately feel it begin to work its magic. Of course, you know with Alikay Naturals this product is going to smell AMAZING and it does! It can also be combined with our Blended Therapy Hot Oil Treatment for the ultimate hair hydration package.

I was interested in this brand because it was on a list of black owned companies and when I saw it in the stores I knew it was meant to be. I also have a Shea Butter moisturizer from the same brand that I've had for quite a while, but I haven't used it enough to review it yet. Maybe in about a year I will get that up. Idk, since the pandemic I've just really been procrastinating when it comes to hair stuff. 

Anyway....I always like to have a deep conditioner on hand and the honey and sage was intriguing to me. It's definitely an interesting scent, kinda herbal, sweet, and a little minty. I think the minty bit is the sage. It's an interesting scent. But I don't really like it, although sometimes I think it's not so bad and other times I can't stand the scent. Overall, I think the scent is what would keep me from repurchasing...but when I think of the ingredients and how it actually works on my hair I kinda re-consider.


A little seems to go a long way with this conditioner. It has slight detangling properties. Where it shines is the big drink of moisture it gives my hair. I can really tell a difference in my hair's moisture. And I don't even use it for the recommended time. I usually just let it sit as I shower and rinse it when I am done. 

It really does deliver on what it says it will do and I think it's one of the best moisturizing deep conditioners I've used if I'm being honest. And I think it's fairly priced. I think I paid around $10 for it, maybe a little less.

When looking at the ingredient list, the ingredients at the top are what I like to look out for. The very first ingredient is Aloe, and the 2nd ingredient is honey. After that you have two pretty common ingredients for hair conditioners, Cetearyl Alcohol and Stearalkonium Chloride. From there we have some great stuff- Sage Powder, Nettle Lead extract,Olive Oil, Wheatgerm Oil, Silk Amino Acids, Rice Bran Oil, Eucalyptus Oil, Babassu Oil, and Rosemary. The ingredients are impressive! I don't think I've ever used a better formulated deep conditioner.

Ingredients: 

Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Aloe Vera Juice), Honeyquat (Honey), Cetearyl Alcohol (Coconut dervied), Stearalkonium Chloride (Coconut derived), Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Powder, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Leaf Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Triticum Vulgare (What) Germ Oil, Behentrimonium Methosulfate (Natural Detangling Agent), Silk Amino Acids (Natural protein), Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, (Eucalyptus) Globulous Leaf Oil, Sorbic Acid (Food Grade Preservative), Orbignya Oleifera Seed (Babassu) Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Caramei, Botanical Blend Ingredients

Overall, I love the way it works and I love the ingredients. I don't love the way it smells- but I can deal with it for such a great deep conditioner, especially at this price point. If you have thirsty hair, this might be a good one to try!


No comments:

Post a Comment