Saturday, February 5, 2022

Lush Fairy Dust Dusting Powder Review


 It's my birthday! Well tomorrow, but since it's 2 in the am it's already technically today. Happy Birthday to me! Figured since I was still up I would knock out a blog post. On fairy Dust. Lush really does have some of the best concepts for their products. Calling a pink body powder fairy dust? Fun. Or at least I think so. It makes me think of the fairies in Sleeping Beauty for some reason. They had wands though...not dust.


Lush claims:

Candy scented shimmering skin

This sweet Snow Fairy scented dusting powder is full of plastic-free glitter. Sprinkle over clean skin to soften, feel fresh, and shimmer.

This body powder is Snow Fairy in powder form. I don't always love Snow Fairy, I like it in the shower gel form. Not a fan of it in bath bomb/bubble bar form.  But I am a fan of it in the body powder form. So much so, that I first bought it in 2020 and bought another one in the 2021 sale.


For some reason they are different.

The 2020 one is my favorite. It smells like Snow Fairy, but a fresh Snow Fairy. Not as bubble gum smelling. They smell the same but different to other things in the line, if that makes sense. The 2020 one definitely smells better though.I much prefer that one to the newer one which mostly smells the same from a distance, but when I smell them up close, the 2021 one just doesn't smell as great. It smells kinda off.


 

One thing I really like about it is that it's pink and blends into my skin without looking like I put on white ash. It also leaves behind a pretty sparkle. Again, the 2020 one is much better. The newer one has more white base so it looks ashier and leaves a powdery look behind and it's slightly more gritty.

It does leave a silverish sparkle to the skin that I find pretty flattering. Usually gold shimmer compliments my skin tone better but I think this one is quite universal. Or at least my first one was. The second one just doesn't quite measure up with the white cast it leaves behind.

I'm noticing the powders really vary batch to bath because I experienced the same thing with the Silky Underwear powder. The first one I bought was amazing and the last two I bought just didn't smell as good.

My favorite thing about this product is how much it lingers. The other powder, the scent just disappeared and didn't last. This one really sticks around for hours. Maybe because it's more synthetic? 

It does contain talc, Lush does claim that their talc is tested regularly to make sure there is no heavy metal contamination or asbestos as talc has been quite a controversial ingredient throughout the last couple of years. Since they do say they test it, I'm OK with it. Typically with other companies, like Johnson and Johnson, I would usually avoid the talc powders and go for the cornstarch. Especially given their latest lawsuits. 

Ingredients:

Cornstarch,Baking Soda, Magnesium Carbonate, Biodegradable Glitter, Perfume, Person Lime Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Talc, Synthetic Musk, Tin Oxide, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Citral, Limonene, Colour

 Overall, I liked it enough to repurchase once before. But I'm not very happy with the inconsistencies between batches. I would only ever buy it again in the Christmas sale since I'm not sure which batch I would be getting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment