Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Lush Silky Underwear Review

The last week has been glorious for me. I had ten days off in a row. I had planned to do a couple of posts here and there but then decided I would take a break from everything. I did re-do a vanity I have, I painted it orange. And even updated the knobs. It came out super cute! Did a little shopping. Actually a lot of shopping....😳 Anyway onto the review.


Lush claims:

This dusting powder is the ultimate finishing touch; cocoa butter and cornstarch to soften the skin and a sophisticated and sexy yet delicate jasmine and vetivert fragrance.

How to use:

After bathing or showering, shake a little of this moisturising, dusting powder all over your body for velvety soft skin. With a dusting of Silky Underwear, you won’t want to wear anything else.

UK: 9 Pounds, DE 9.75 Euro, US 11.95

So this is just body powder. Much like baby powder which is what I used growing up- the talc kind was found to be dangerous (mold or asbestos I think) but...there is always the cornstarch variety. I'm not even sure if they still sell the talc variety. Anyway...I've been wanting to try a more grown up powder. I remember having one as a kid in a addition to baby powder. I had it for years and years. No idea what it was...but powders have always been kind of fun to me. 


This one is supposed to be Jasmine and Vetiver scented. A lot of Lush stuff can be a little overpowering. Not this. It's a very gentle scent. Kind of smells like a Jasmine sweet tart- if they made one. 


When I first bought it, I couldn't believe how small the container was. But a little seems to go a long, long way. I've used it a lot and still have half the bottle left.

Speaking of the bottle, it is plastic. The recycled kind. I kind of wish they would explore a different packaging. Even thought I know the container is recyclable, I feel they could put it in a paper packaging. It's also a little strange to shake it out from a bottle. But it does work, even if it takes a little getting used to. 


It says that it's moisturizing. Not really. You can't put it on expecting the Cocoa Butter in it to work wonders. Most of my Cocoa Butter ends up on the floor. You have to put lotion or some sort of moisturizer first. And then you can go in with this.

I wish they made them tinted. White powder on brown skin can look a little strange and I think tinting the powder can help with that. 

The ingredients are perfect for me. You can definitely buy higher priced, less natural powders. 

Ingredients:

Cornstarch, Kaolin, Cocoa Seed Butter (Fair Trade), Magnesium Carbonate, Parfum, Jasmine Absolute, Vetiver Oil, Cinnamyl Alchohol, Benzyl Cinnamate, Linalool


Overall, I don't love it. I like it. I feel like I can make a more cost effective DIY version. Yet, I would still re-purchase and probably will. I do want to try the other scent varieties though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment