Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Lush Sleepy Soap Review



  I usually try to vary what I'm posting a review on ..but its about to be a LOT of Lush reviews coming up. Right now it's just the easiest things to order that comes directly to my door. So here we go.

Lush claims:

Float off to dreamland on a lavender cloud.The signature Sleepy scent of lavender and tonka, joins a creamy lather of oat milk to help you cleanse, calm and unwind. Lather, clean, rinse and relax.UK 5.50 US 7.95 DE 6.83

So we'll talk scent first. It smells amazing. I think Lush makes one of the best Lavender blends I have ever smelled. It's a mellow, Vanilla Lavender that is just the most calming, relaxing, heavenly scent. It smells amazing. I kept it sitting on my side table for awhile just for scent! 

The problem is the smell of the soap just sitting on my dresser is not the same scent you get in the shower. It loses it's oomph and just smells kinda faintly lavender like. It just looses all the complexity and is also not strong enough. Doesn't really scent up the shower or the bathroom like I wish it would. 

But they do make it in a shower gel and a lotion...which might be better in terms of scent and longevity. I think it makes a better hand soap or facial soap- I liked it on my face because for some reason the scent really stuck to my face.


I bought it when it was still cloud shaped...and I like the old shapes much better than the new shapes. Also..the color is my favorite! I love purple-grey. It's one of my favorite colors. The only thing is it is a bit  harder to hold because of the shape.

The lather is nice though. It's a little milky- and then when you really get it going it's as thick and rich as a shaving cream. Which I love. But it comes at a cost because it melts super fast. I used it 3 (or 4) times and it's mostly gone. If you get a week of use out of it, I would consider that lucky. 

It's not completely natural. But it has some standouts, including Oat Milk which probably makes it incredible soothing. My favorite scent notes, Lavender, Benzoin, Tonka, and Ylang Ylang. Although I can't particularly say I can pick out the Ylang Ylang. It also has Kaolin clay which is known to be extra purifying.

Ingredients:

Canola Oil, Coconut Oil, Oat Milk, Propylene Glycol, Kaolin, Water,Glycerin, Talc, Perfume, Titanium Dioxide, Lavender Oil, Benzoin Resinoid, Tonka Absolute, Ylang Ylang Oil, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide, EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamal, Coumarin, Limonene, Linalool, Colour

Overall, I love the scent but was underwhelmed with it in the shower. The Sleepy Lotion and shower gel are high on my to try list though! 

No comments:

Post a Comment