Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Sweet Potato Enchiladas

 I love, love, love sweet potatoes. I really need to try more recipes with them. Before the only thing I really ate with sweet potato was the pie and candied yams. My go to sweet potato recipe are Sweet Potato Burgers. Those are my favorite! With these being a close 2nd. Years and years back, I'm pretty sure I tried to make enchiladas. And they were gross. I think it was the sauce. I used a canned sauce. Which just isn't worth your time. Never will I ever try another canned sauce.

Today I made my own. Which was easy...and pretty good. Although I think I could make it better with practice or tweaking the recipe I used. Or even changing the chilli powder. I used McCormick, which isn't the best chili powder. Not since I made my own a few years ago. I did just order some Chili Powder from a speciality spice store. So I'm hoping using a better quality chili powder steps up my enchilada sauce. 

Making the filling was easy too. Didn't take much time. But then again I didn't start off with roasting the peppers because I couldn't find them. I used powders- ancho powder instead. Otherwise it was just roast the potatoes and throw in the corn and black beans. And a little red onion. I would probably skip the red onion part next time though. 

Then usually I make my own tortillas. Didn't feel like taking the time to do so today, so store bought it was. Fill them up, throw the sauce on , and grate some cheese over top. Let it bake in the oven for 30 minutes and then ready to serve! 

I liked them a lot. I would make it again and I'm saving the recipe as a favorite. It's a great one for meatless days or if you are vegetarian. 


Check the recipe here

No comments:

Post a Comment