Sunday, November 15, 2020

Dove Cream Oil Beauty Bar with Argan Oil (Made In Germany)

 I like to break up all the Lush soaps every now and then and figure I would work my way through all the Dove bars. The last one I tried was the Lavender scented one...which is awful. I recommend avoiding at all costs. I still have one of those bars to use up -I've just been using it on my hands to get rid of it. Luckily..this one was much better. Much, Much better.

Dove claims:

Try Dove Silk Cream Oil Beauty Bar with Moroccan argan oil. An oil that is known for its nourishing properties and its high vitamin E content. Dove Beauty Cream Bar combines mild cleansing substances with a 1/4 moisturizer and gives you soft, supple and healthier-looking skin. The cream soap Dove Beauty Cream Bar supports the natural moisture content of the skin.

.65 Euro Cents 


This one is actually made in Germany..so it is a bit different than the ones in the US. For one..it is actually vegetarian. The US variety uses Sodium Tallowate, which is beef fat. I haven't tried the US version, but I do know its an Allure best of beauty winner for dry skin. 

So I'll start with scent. It smells so much better that it's Lavender cousin. It still has that "Dove" scent faintly. In fact, I almost couldn't detect it at first. It's hard to describe scents..but it smells nice. A little exotic, and kinda like a sophisticated sandalwood. I really like it.

As for lather, it is nice and bubbly. Makes a nice, rich thick lather. And is slightly drying. Most people find Dove bars extremely moisturizing but I've always found them to be little drying. Not too bad though. I think this one is slightly more hydrating. 

The bar is smaller than the US version at only 100 grams. But it's also cheaper. And it comes in a one pack cardboard box (better for the environment) 

It's not a natural bar by any means but it does have Argan oil (likely tiny, tiny amounts and just Dove jumping on what was popular) and Sunflower seed oil. If you are truly looking for the benefits of Argan oil on your skin, it would probably be best to use a body oil or something that doesn't rinse off. 

Ingredients:

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Palmitate, Water, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Sodium Stearate, Cocoamidoprpyl Betaine, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Alumina, Argan Oil, Glycerin Sunflower Seed oil, Parfum, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Eitdronate, Zinc Oxide, Butylphenyl Methypropional, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool, Colour

Overall, I prefer something more natural. But if you are a Dove fan or don't mind the ingredients, I think it's a good one to try! 

No comments:

Post a Comment