Sunday, November 15, 2020

LaBelle - Lady Marmalade

 I think the remake of this song with Pink, Mya, Chrstina Aguilera and Lil Kim came out when I was in the sixth grade. I actually didn't know for a couple of years that it was a LaBelle original. I was shocked when I found out. 

Then I went back and watched a live performance and...wow can Patti sang. Her singing style is not always my cup of tea, but it's undeniable the power and range she has. Especially in this song. It made me look her differently. 

I don't this performance is live (could be wrong) but I find it hilarious. They look like they are all dressed to go to a different concert and perform at different times. Like they didn't coordinate AT ALL.


And a live one. For good measure. I used to sing this every time it came one, andI remember my mom asking "Do you know what you're singing?".  And me being like NOPE. Didn't care either. Patti said she didn't know what she was saying either. Just that they had a hit on their hands.



And last one. Cause the outfits. Again. 


And that's all I have for today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment