Friday, February 4, 2022

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream Intense Hydration Review

First Aid Beauty is brand that confuses me.  I am both intrigued and bored by the brand stimultaneously. So I decided to try out a sampler/testing kit. I'm really getting into those and will probably keep on buying them because I can try them, review them, and move on without being stuck with a product for forever. 

This cream kinda reminds me of a drugstore Eucerin/Aquaphor/Cerave type of cream. I've never tried any of those types of creams, so I can't really offer a true comparison. Maybe one day I will get around to it though.

For now..this review will have to do. Especially since I've just noticed they are having a buy 1, get 1 free on their website for this product.

First Aid Beauty claims:

A fast-absorbing, rich moisturizer that provides instant and long-term hydration for dry, distressed skin and eczema.

 

Award-winning Ultra Repair Cream is instantly absorbed for immediate relief for parched skin. Suitable for all skin types, even sensitive, and the whole family. Formulated with Colloidal Oatmeal, this soothing moisturizer leaves your skin feeling smooth, hydrated, and comfortable after just a single use.

 

10% of retail sales of Ultra Repair Cream will be added to First Aid Beauty’s $1 Million commitment to pay off student loans.*

 

STAR INGREDIENTS:

Colloidal Oatmeal (OTC):

FDA-designated skin protectant that relieves itching and minor irritation caused by eczema, rashes and other skin conditions. 

Shea Butter:

An emollient rich in vitamins, minerals and essential fatty acids, helps moisturize and protect the skin barrier.

Allantoin:

Helps calm and soothe skin.

FAB Antioxidant Booster:

Helps stave off environmental aggressors with Licorice Root, Feverfew and White Tea extracts.

Free From: Alcohol, Artificial Colorants, Artificial Fragrance, Lanolin, Mineral Oil, Parabens, Petrolatum, Phthalates, Propylene Glycol, Sulfates, Talc, Formaldehydes, Oxybenzone, Coal Tar, Hydroquinone, Triclocarbon, Ethanol, Ethyl Alcohol, Denatured Alcohol,

Obviously this cream is not cheap. Not even the travel size. Definitely a better value to get it in the kit. I bought mine in the Fab Faves To Go set, the list price was $30 but I'm pretty sure I got it a little cheaper. At list price, it makes each product $10. 


Depending on the size you buy, it will either come in a tube or a tub. I think I'm more partial to tub packaging because it's easier to get the last little bits without cutting it open. 


I did first try it on my face because it does claim it can be used on either face or body. I love how fast it absorbed and how it really seemed to provide moisture without making my skin feel heavy or greasy.  And I have oily skin. So I was impressed at first. For a basic face moisturizer, not bad. But I noticed that I would consistently have at least one bump on my face that wasn't happening to my skin before I started using it. So I tried to stick it out but went back to my Shea Butter before it could get worse.

It's supposed to be great for all kind of skin conditions- eczema, psoriasis, rosacea, sensitive skin etc. My recommendation will always be Shea Butter (pure unrefined Shea Butter)  but I have read that it seems to work really well for quite a few people and then also read a few reviews where it caused reactions for people with sensitive skin.

I decided to use up the rest by using it on my body. Which I think it's better for anyway. It does have a slight scent of Eucalyptus and then that strange "unscented" scent that I really dislike. But mostly the Eucalyptus is there, very lightly. The scent makes it smell like a body lotion, at least to me. 

On my body it was much the same as when I used it on my face. It is very nice for dry skin. It wasn't a miracle in one application but over a couple of days, problem areas did really soften up. Especially nice for dry heels, elbows, knees....

Makes a difference without being heavy and greasy and absorbs so easily and quickly. 

I really, really love what they are doing to give back- a student loan program is amazing and not the route many companies choose to go. 

The ingredients are...OK...I guess. It does have .5% of Colloidal Oatmeal (Maybe something similar might be the Aveeno cream because of the oatmeal). It also has a little bit of Shea Butter. Some Feverfew, Licorice, and White Tea Extract. And of course some Eucalyptus Oil. I'm not a fan of the dimethicone, and quite a few other ingredients though.

Ingredients:
colloidal oatmeal -- 0.50%, waterstearic acidglycerinc12-15 alkyl benzoatecaprylic/capric triglycerideglyceryl stearateglyceryl stearate secetearyl alcohol, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butterdimethiconesqualanephenoxyethanolcaprylyl glycolxanthan gumallantoinsodium hydroxidedisodium edtachrysanthemum parthenium (feverfew) extractcamellia sinensis leaf extractglycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, ceramide npeucalyptus globulus leaf oil



Overall, it wasn't a bad body lotion but I'm not likely to repurchase because of the price and although it was nice, I don't feel like I need it. There are a few other things I would rather buy instead. Lush's Dream Cream comes to mind....


No comments:

Post a Comment