Thursday, January 20, 2022

Lush Santa's Magic Sleigh Bath Bomb Review

 


If I read the description of this bath bomb before I bought it, I might not have purchased it. I didn't realize it was full of scents from bath bombs I've already used before. The little bear is Butterball- just cuter. The Santa is Snowfairy in bath bomb form. And the sleigh is scented in The Comforter.  They all are much better in their original forms but we'll talk about it anyway.

Lush claims:

Get ready for the arrival of Santa Claus with three classic Lush fragrances. Whether you are home alone or sharing the tub, this magic sleigh ride is perfect for Christmas bathtime fun.

How to use:

All at once, or one at a time - the choice is yours! Select your character and drop into a hot bath to get you ready for the big day!



This kinda reminds me a bath bomb I tried years ago called Santa's Sack. Mostly because the colors were similar. But the scent in this is different and none of it is re-useable like the presents were in that sack. 

It does say you can get three separate baths with this, but the little Santa and Butterball Bear were so small, I figured I would combine them and see what they smelled like together.

I dropped Butterball in first and it was basically scentless. Definitely just buy the full size if you like Butterball. It does usually have a nice scent, not sure what went wrong with mine. Then I dropped the creepy looking Santa in. Ended up with pinkish-red, Snow Fairy scented water. But while I like Snow Fairy in a shower gel, I've never been a fan of it in a bath bomb/bubble bar. So I didn't really like this.



Then I used the sleigh part. It is the same scent as the Comforter, so black currant and vanilla. I really do like the scent. A more unique berries and cream scent. I was surprised at the strength of the scent, it really scented up the hallway as well as the bathroom. But I wasn't a big fan of the yellow water, if the water has to be this particular shade of yellow, I want it to be sparkly. It does have pop rocks in it too..so when you throw it in it starts popping, kinda reminiscent of a fire place. I have finally gotten the point of the pop rocks!

I think I would rather just use the Comforter Bubble bar or the bath bomb over this sleigh piece. The color of the bath water just matches so much better and is a lot prettier.

  

All three were extremely fast fizzers. 

The ingredients are surprisingly great...it has Bergamot Oil, Blackcurrant Absolute, Cypress Oil, Ylang Ylang Oil, Persian Lime Oil, Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter (yay Fair Trade!), and Soybean Flour. 



Overall, love the long ingredient list choc full of goodies, but wasn't a big fan of this one. It wins on the cute factor and might be a good one to sample the popular scents from Lush but I would rather pick up another Comforter or Butterball full size instead of this. It probably won't be back next year anyway though, Lush loves to revamp their Christmas line every year except for a few favorites that manage to make it back. 












 



No comments:

Post a Comment