Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Burt's Bees Vanilla Bean Lip Balm Review

 It has been years since I've had anything from Burt's Bees. I'm not sure why the brand lost a lot of it's appeal for me. Maybe I just bought it because it was easy to get and I didn't have to order it? Also it's mostly natural and I tend to for brands like that. I bought a multi-pack and decided to start with the Vanilla Bean one. I actually ordered a ton of vanilla beans recently, I go pick them up tomorrow and then I will start making my own vanilla sugar, vanilla extract, etc. I'm so excited for that! 

Anyway, vanilla is a popular lip balm flavor. 

Burt's claims:

Burts Bees Moisturizing Lip Balms nourish and make your lips feel luxurious. Infused with a sweet vanilla flavor and Beeswax to richly moisturize and soften lips, the nourishing oils and butters will make your lips juicy, happy and healthy. With a matte finish and moisturizing balm texture, this tint free tube of soothing lip balm glides on smoothly to nourish dry lips while keeping them revitalized and hydrated. Conveniently tuck a tube into a pocket or purse, so that you can keep natural, nurturing lip care handy. This 100% natural beauty product is free of parabens, phthalates, petrolatum and SLS and will beautify and revitalize your lips. Use these natural Burts Bees Moisturizing Lip Balms to make lips feel their best.
  • LIP CARE: Bursting with sweet vanilla flavor, refresh and nourish your lips with Vanilla Bean Burt's Bees Moisturizing Lip Balm
  • TOTAL HYDRATION: Hydrate and soften dry lips with beeswax and fruit extracts packed into every tube of Burt's Bees lip care
  • MOISTURIZING: Just one swipe of this conditioning lip moisturizer leaves your lips smooth and refreshed
  • ALL NATURAL: Enriched with 100% natural ingredients, this natural lip balm is formulated without parabens, phthalates, petrolatum or SLS
  • BURTS BEES LIP BALM: Treat your lips to this Vanilla Bean lip balm that naturally beautifies and revitalizes your lips

Right off the bat, I can tell you it's not my favorite vanilla balm. I like the Chagrin Valley and the Badger one so much more.

The scent of this is an OK vanilla. I think the aforementioned ones smell better.

And moisturize a bit better too, although the Badger might be the very best. This tend to feel hydrating and then only a few short hours later my lips feel dryer and not as smooth as I would like. I think its the ingredients. Sunflower oil as the main ingredient/first ingredient has never really worked out very well in a lip balm formula for me. Neither does Soybean. I tend to favor Avocado, Castor Oil, Meadow foam Seed Oil heavy formulas more. All these reviews have helped me narrow down what to look for in my "perfect" lip balm formula.

It's also ever so slightly gritty. Barely noticeable but worth noting anyway.

Almost all natural and completely recognizable ingredients...but not quite. 

Ingredients:

helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), aroma (natural flavor), ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, vanilla tahitensis fruit extract, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, ammonium glycyrrhizate, tocopherol, glycine soja (soybean) oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, canola oil (huile de colza).


Not a repurchase for me as there are two others I would prefer to buy and recommend over this.

No comments:

Post a Comment