Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Chagrin Valley Vanilla Bean Lip Balm Review



Winter is coming (after fall!)! Which means dry lips could be around the corner. I actually had another lip balm I meant to review but I forgot to take pics and by the time I remembered, the lip balm was super worn down. Whoops! Anyway, today I have a lip balm I ordered from Chagrin Valley. I was trying not to get stuck in the rut I get stuck in and order new things.

Chagrin Valley claims:
Nourishing oils and butters are infused with loads of organic vanilla beans--no vanilla flavoring here--just real vanilla. Vanilla, a powerful antioxidant, adds more than just a luscious scent.
Nourishing oils and butters are infused with loads of organic vanilla beans--no vanilla flavoring here--just real vanilla. Vanilla adds more than just a luscious scent. The major constituent of vanilla beans, vanillin, is a powerful antioxidant that helps skin repair cell damage.
  • Cocoa butter provides a protective barrier by supplying and retaining moisture
  • Cocoa butter contains antioxidant vitamins A, C, and E, which can help slow the signs of aging
  • Jojoba oil, chemically similar to the skin's natural oil, restores moisture to lips
  • A deliciously soothing organic lip balm to nourish and soften lips
What you put on your lips goes into your body. This is an All Natural, Certified Organic, Cruelty-Free, Non-GMO lip balm.


So I decided to start off trying out the Vanilla Bean balm. They have quite a lot of scents to choose from. It is the most divine smelling vanilla product I have ever come across in my life. Just the best vanilla scent ever. Unfortunately after a couple of months the scent has mostly faded. It still smells OK. But nothing like what it first smelled like. So if you do purchase it, definitely use it once you open because eventually the scent will fade. 

But that doesn't affect the efficacy of the product. It makes my lips super moisturized and soft. And it's not the kind of hydration that fades and leaves your lips feeling dryer like a lot of lip balms will do! 

It comes in the cutest little glass packaging and tin lid. I love almost anything that comes in glass. I'm not the biggest fan of having to dip my finger in, mostly for hygiene reasons.  I always have to sanitize or wash my hands prior to digging my finger in. Which reminds me, I wish the jar opening was wider. I don't like when it's so narrow because it's hard to get some without digging your nail in. 

The ingredients don't get any better than this!

Ingredients:
Organic Cocoa Butter, Organic Jojoba Oil, Organic Babassu Oil, Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, Organic Virgin Castor Oil, Organic Sustainable Palm Oil, Organic Vanilla Beans, Organic Beeswax 

I think this is an excellent lip balm that is quite pricey (it will cost $5.75 and then you have to pay for shipping! ) but it's worth every penny. At least it is before the scent starts to fade, but I do understand that the product is all natural-so it get's a pass! I would definitely recommend trying it out. 






No comments:

Post a Comment