Friday, October 9, 2020

Lush Butterball Bath Bomb Review

 It's been kind of a stressful week...so I decided to bathe away the stress. Nothing works better than a fun "new" bath bomb. I put it in quotes because I tried this years ago in Snowman form. Crumbled snowman. That was back when Lush used to shove everything in the smallest box and I always had broken stuff. Nowadays they seem to pack much better. I haven't had anything arrive broken in my last two orders. 

Anyway...Butterball

Lush claims:

If you have dry, sensitive or irritated skin, this is the bath bomb to replenish it, all while the gentle scent calms and relaxes your mind.

Keep somewhere cool and dry to preserve the relaxing Ylang ylang scent, used to treat stress and relieve anger, panic and fear.

Pounds 2.95 Euro 4.39 US $5.25



It's definitely a boring looking bath bomb in comparison to Lush's other bath stuff. No color..which could be a good thing for those that don't like colored bath water or sensitive to the dyes they use. Because of that-its less money but I wouldn't call it ultra affordable for just one bath. But that is the nature of Lush.

It's also a little smaller than most other bombs. 


I threw it in the bath and let it fizzle. I thought it would be a fast fizzer but it took a bit of time. It turned the water slightly milky with little bits of brownish cocoa butter that turned into little puddles of oil. It wasn't the best looking thing...but it is what it is. 


In my review of Snowman I talked about hating the scent. I don't remember what it smells like now but back then I said it smelled of licorice. This smells kinda faintly of a fruity chocolate. Maybe some vanilla? It sounds better than it smelled. For me..it was just OK. It has Ylang Ylang in it..but I honestly couldn't smell it. It filled the bathroom while I was in the bath..but didn't hang around after I drained the tub. 

I could kinda pick it up on my skin after getting out but it didn't stick around on my skin either. 

Ylang Ylang is a good oil to de-stress. And...I can honestly say that's how I felt in the bath and after. So it did it's job. 

Also...the Cocoa Butter eventually melts down into the water and when you climb you are just left with smooth and soft moisturized skin. But be careful because it can make the bath slippery.

The ingredients in this one are simple and mostly natural. It uses fair trade cocoa butter, which I dig.

Ingredients:

Baking Soda, Citric Acid, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter, Synthetic Musk, Ylang Ylang Oil, Perfume

It was OK for me. I don't think I would buy it again..unless it came in a new shape (at Christmas). It was de-stressing and moisturizing but I wasn't in love with the scent. 

It's one of the OG products and a lot of people love it..so I do think it's worth trying at least once. But I also think this is easy to DIY with some Cocoa Butter, Baking soda, and Ylang Ylang oil.


No comments:

Post a Comment