Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Lush I want a Hippopotamus For Christmas Review


 

What a name for a bath bomb? Anyway it's much too long a name to keep writing out so we will just call it Hippo. There aren't a bunch of Hippo themed products out there, portly cause hippos are mean. My favorite without a doubt- Happy Hippo candy. So addictive. I haven't had one in a few years. I might need to pick up a box. 

Lush claims:

Happy Hippos are still the number ons Hippos in my life. This bath bomb was pleasant. But that's all.

I've actually tried this bath bomb years ago, it was just called Space Girl back then. This one had more scent than that one which was mostly just a generic lush scent. Maybe berryish? Idk, I used it last night and can't even remember. So I would say a pleasant but forgettable scent. 

It had pop rocks that barely popped. I heard maybe 3-4 pops but I saw a ton of pop rocks in the bath.

And didn't dissolve like a bath bomb should. It just foamed and took forever to do so. I'm not a fan of whatever Lush is doing to their new bombs. I hope they go back to the fizzy formula.




It didn't dry my skin. And it made really pretty deep purple water. It was a little boring though.

Comparing the ingredients with Space Girl, I prefer the old ingredient list. so much simpler with more recognizable ingredients. I do appreciate the change to biodegradable glitter though.

Ingredients:
Baking Soda, Citric Acid, Perfume, Popping Candy, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Grapefruit Oil, Bergamot Oil, Almond Essential Oil, Cold Pressed Raspberry Oil, Water,  Glycerin, Titanium Dioxide, Dipropylene Glycol, Synthetic Biodegradable Glitter, Hydroxypropyl Methyl Cellulose, Sodium Carboxymethyl Cellulose, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Limonene, Linalool, Colour


I still feel it's meh. Wouldn't buy it again. Kinda wish I had read my review of Space Girl and skipped this one- it wasn't bad though. Maybe worth trying if you like fruity/berry scents.

Oh...almost forgot it was named for this song. I had never heard it before, y'all know this song?

No comments:

Post a Comment