Thursday, February 24, 2022

Dove Cool Moisture Beauty Bar Review

Another soap that takes me right back to high school. I don't remember exactly when this came out but around high school for me is when I really remember using it. Dove likes to come out with new scents every now and again now and this is one of the original ones that has managed to stick around. 

Normally I'm not a fan of cucumber scents. but this really doesn't smell anything like cucumber 

Dove claims:

Revitalize your skin and senses with the refreshing cucumber and green tea scent of this Dove Cool Moisture Beauty bar.

• #1 Dermatologist recommended bar brand

• Dove bar effectively washes away dirt and germs

• This beauty bar leaves skin refreshed with a crisp, cooling cucumber and green tea scent 

• Mild cleansers with ¼ moisturizing cream help protect skin’s moisture

• Leaves skin softer, smoother and more radiant-looking than ordinary soap

• Suitable for daily use on face, body and hands

Looking to update your skin care routine? Dove Cool Moisture Beauty Bar is cruelty-free and contains no parabens or sulfate cleansers – specially designed to care for your skin. It combines the refreshing scent of cucumber and green tea with gentle cleansers to wash away dirt and germs, while the ¼ moisturizing cream formula works to hydrate your skin. You can enjoy the look and feel of softer, smoother and more radiant-looking skin that ordinary bar soap simply can’t give you. Adding Dove Cool Moisture Beauty Bar to your skin care routine means starting each day off right with a refreshing shower that also gives you a moment to care for your skin.

So it's cucumber and green tea. But really smells nothing like either. It's just a really fresh scent with a very light helping of that Dove base scent. And it's pretty strong too. It was really working overtime to scent the bathroom. 

It seems a little greener than it was in the past. I think they are adding way more coloring than they used to. I kinda wish they would use less. It stained my little wooden soap dish so now its kinda green and doesn't seem to be fading. None of the other soap bars I've ever used on it have done that. 

The lather is great, all rich and thick and bubbly. And this one seems to be more hydrating than the original bars. I can skip lotion and my skin is just fine. 

Love that it's just a bar of soap, kinda get to save on some plastic- which Dove seems to be making an effort to reduce their impact by using a certain percentage of recycled material. I wish they would find a way to package it without wrapping it in plastic though.

Ingredients are pretty typical of Dove. I was kind of expecting it to at least have green tea extract or even cucumber extract. It's probably way cheaper for Dove to produce without the extracts though.

Ingredients:

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Oleate, Sodium Stearate, Water (Eau), Sodium Isethionate, Lauric Acid, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Kaolin or (ou) Titanium Dioxide, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Blue 1 (CI 42090). 

Overall, I do really like this version and can see why it has stuck around for a long time. If I didn't have to constantly try new things I could see this being a summer staple. I especially liked it as a hand soap and to wash my makeup brushes. They always come out soft and shiny. 



No comments:

Post a Comment