Friday, February 25, 2022

Lush Breath of Fresh Air Toner Review


I need to blog to distract myself from shopping for stuff I don't need. I feel like that's what I've been doing all day. Actually it is kind of stuff that I need.. in a way.

Anyway...let me get started.

Lush claims:

If your skin is feeling a little drab or dry, give it a pick-me-up with this soothing aloe vera and rose spritzer with hints of cleansing rosemary and mineral-rich sea water.

Give your skin a new lease on life with a blend of sea-inspired ingredients. A gentle spritz of sea water, aloe vera gel and rose absolute soothes, cools and hydrates stressed-out complexions and works wonders to calm redness too. You won't find any alcohol in our toners—just kind and caring ingredients to help you feel your best!

I wasn't really interested in trying the Lush toners so soon since I found hydrosols from Plant Therapy. But a sale can change my mind really quickly. I ended up picking up three of them and decided to start with this one.

Which I have really been enjoying. 

It makes me feel like I'm somewhere on the ocean with the waves spraying in my face. You kinda get the saltiness of the sea and a really nice freshness. I think this smells better though. IDK how they did it. But for me it's really quite an experience. 


Other than that, I do feel like it contribute a little glow to my skin, and clearer looking skin. Maybe the Aloe is helping to fade some of the marks on my face? Or maybe it's my imagination. Only the lighters ones though, not the deeper ones on my chin.

What I really like about it is that it feels very hydrating without making my skin look greasy. I've actually sprayed it on when I was a little greasy and it matted my face down but kept the glow  This is the first spray I've found that does that- not that I have tried a ton.

I've used it to wet my brush a little when applying foundation/blending. It worked well for that but I felt like I was wasting it and should be using something a little cheaper.

The packaging is ok. It's not included in the Back to Lush- 5 empty pots- free face mask thing. I'm not the biggest fan of the sprayer. It's not a fine mist whatsoever, so I tend to spray it in my hands and then press it into my face.

It's much more refreshing if you keep it in the fridge but I tend to just keep it in the bathroom because I'm too lazy to walk up and down the stairs for it. 

You can use it in your hair. I haven't tried it that way yet. And you can spray it on your body. Which is also refreshing but I tend to feel like I am wasting it. Maybe as an occasional treat? 

The ingredients are excellent. Just look at them! I love that the Aloe Vera Juice is fair trade. 

Ingredients:
Spring Water, Sea Water, Fair Trade Organic Aloe Vera Juice, Fragrance, Carrageenan Extract, Rose Absolute, Patchouli Oil, Rosemary Oil, Seaweed Absolute, Limonene, Linalool, Methylparaben.

I really tried this out thinking I wouldn't like it that much. I really, really, really like it. It's about $11 for the small size and $23 for the larger size. Pricey if you are springing for the larger one, but I could see myself buying another one eventually. Especially if I can catch it on sale! 

No comments:

Post a Comment