Sunday, February 27, 2022

Maze featuring Frankie Beverly

 


This group has a large, large following even today on youtube. Surprisingly I didn't really know much about the group until I started watching Tyler Perry Madea plays. I used to love those plays- until I got older and started thinking more critically about the characters and how they ALWAYS would run back to the man that treated them worse than garbage cause he said sorry but they had already met someone that treated them a million times better (I said that in my head and did not stop one time to take a breath-a true run on sentence that coulda ran a lot longer). Let me stop right there before I start going off.

I'm just glad I was introduced to their music even if it was through some sketchy plays. They did have little tidbits of Wisdom in them but it was never the theme or shown through the actions.

Anyway, this is Before I Let You Go. Remember a few years ago Beyonce remade this song? I hated whatever that was and would turn the radio every single time. I'll stick with the original. I love this song, I really really do. Isn't this the perfect cookout song?


This next song was sampled a few times. I had never heard this song until a couple years but I love this one too! It's a smooth one. It's a long one at 7 minutes and some change and takes a little while to get started but it's worth your 7 minutes.



I'll be right back, I'm just gonna go jam a lil bit....

No comments:

Post a Comment