Monday, February 14, 2022

The Body Shop Whipped Body Butter in Vanilla Pumpkin Review

 


I bought this a few weeks ago for about $4 and some change. A bargain! Especially at The Body Shop's current prices. I've probably reviewed at least 30-35 different Body Shop body butters. So many. I think they actually changed all the formula's now though....not sure if I will be trying them all out. But maybe a new one here and there.

So let's get started.


The Body Shop claims:

Give skin some nourishing moisture with our special edition whipped Vanilla Pumpkin Body Butter.

Slather on a dollop of our whipped up Body Butter. Lighter and fluffier than our classic Body Butter, it sinks straight in and leaves skin feeling softer, smoother and nourished with 72hr moisture. Rich but non-greasy, it gives skin a healthy-looking glow.

Here’s the best bit – the smell. The cosiest scent of the season, it leaves your skin fragranced with warm, sweet baked pumpkin and notes of caramel, maple syrup and almond milk.

  • Lightweight whipped up texture
  • 72hr nourishing moisture
  • Leaves skin feeling softer and smoother
  • For normal to dry skin
  • Sweet, comforting scent
  • Non-greasy
  • Vegan
  • Made in the UK
  • Fair Trade Babassu Oil and Shea Butter

This one is different from all the others because it's "whipped." I guess.The texture is definitely different from the other ones but I don't know that it's different enough to call it whipped. It kinda reminds me of a Pumpkin Cream Cheese icing, which I've never had but if I had, I think it would be like this. It's nice and thick but not greasy. Just very moisturizing and softening. And it sinks in pretty quickly. 




Did I mention it's softening? So softening and a lot more so than any other past body butters I've used. I think its the ingredients, none of the other body butters uses so much Avocado Oil and so high in the ingredients list. I love that it has babassu oil too, I feel like this is a new ingredient to The Body Shop. 

I love almost everything about it. Except the scent. It kinda smells like a bakery scent from Bath and Body Works. I kinda hate their bakery scents though. I don't hate this, but I really don't like it. Vanilla? Eh...I guess. They used to have an amazing vanilla scent. I don't get the "baked" pumpkin at all either. And the caramel/maple syrup smells really artificial. I don't even know what almond milk smells like, I don't think it has a scent? But it does smell a little like almond extract. And a bit nutty. Hint of spice too.

I would like it better if it smelled like this picture...it's just a bit off for me though. I think some people would really love it though.

Homemade butterscotch cupcakes  pumpkin icing stock pictures, royalty-free photos & images

We already talked a little bit about the ingredients...they are mostly typical but also better than their old formula. They have added way more natural ingredients...which I love! It makes me curious to try the other body butters.  I do think it would have been cool if they added in pumpkin seed oil though, but that's being a little nit picky.

Ingredients:

Aqua/Water/Eau, Glycerin, Persea Gratissima Oil/Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Propanediol, Cetyl Esters, Sodium Polyacrylate, Parfum/Fragrance, Cocos Nucifera Oil/Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Cetearyl Glucoside, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sclerotium Gum, Sodium Gluconate, Bertholletia Excelsa Seed Oil (Brazil Nut Oil), Glycine Soja Oil/Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Citric Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Tocopherol, Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract, Anise Alcohol, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Benzoic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, CI 15985/Yellow 6, CI 19140/Yellow 5.

Overall, it's a nice body butter except the scent. I wouldn't mind this same formula in a different scent.

Also gotta add- I love that in the promotional pics they show all skin tones, skin imperfections- stretch marks etc. No retouching!  



No comments:

Post a Comment