Monday, February 7, 2022

Viseart Neutral Mattes Milieu First Impressions and Swatches on Dark Skin

 This palette really, really does remind me of the Modern Renaissance palette. So similar with a few different shades. But I do think the quality is higher, and you do tend to get a lot more product than the Anastasia palette, due to the price I would expect nothing less. The Anastasia pans are really shallow and some are pretty easy to use up if you use them regularly. 

First thing I notice is they are a teeny bit more powdery than the other Viseart shadows. And some feel a bit gritty when you put your finger in them, but they apply so smoothly and pigmented. 


Chiffon- Chiffon is a really pretty light orange. Goes on like a dream and can be layered without going all patchy. These colors in a lot of other brands tend to be misses because they will lean more white based and the orange will barely show up. I haven't come up with a winning combination for this...but I predict it will be a favorite. Glad I have a big ol pan of it.  Actually it reminds me of the Salted Caramel shade in the Too Faced Chocolate Bar- Now I can use that one more, I have been hoarding it!

Creme Brûlée- This is the color I didn't know I needed. I really want to add a deep yellow to my collection, also a mustard yellow. But those are so hard to find. I love this as a lid shade. Just pure pigment, doesn't show up ashy at all. 

Roussillon- Looks like a lovely bright orange in the pan. On my lid, from normal distance it looks kinda pinkish. Very wearable and unique looking. Quality like the other three was excellent.

Platane- This is the perfect lid shade, reminds me of the first one but a little more toned down. Again, excellent quality.


Latte- I've only used this shade once, but I'm not sure about it. Maybe it blends into my skin tone too much, but I felt I really have to build it up, it was powdery, and a teeny bit patchy. I'm going to keep working with it though. It stands out more in the swatch.

Sorrel- A warm cinnamon color. Like the other similar color, this one also come out looking kinda pinkish on me. Not sure why. I've only tried it as a lid shade so far, I'm thinking it might be an interesting lid color on some looks.

Groseille- I love red eyeshadow and this one is a beautiful one. The quality...ooh wee. Most of my matte red shades were from NXY and I have to work to make them work. They are basically unusable if you need to use it with other shades. This on the other hand, amazing! It's not a bright red, more of a brick red, but still shows up looking quite noticeably red. Love this one! 

Nue- This is a really good neutral lid shade that mostly blends into my skintone with a bit more orange on the lid. Very similar to the other two medium browns in the palette. Eh....not sure if all three are really needed. But I guess I will just be spoiled for choice. They look different in the swatch but very similar on the eye.

Cacao- I notice the deeper shades of brown in my Viseart palettes aren't crazy pigmented but they are really blende-able. It's an OK deep brown. They are a must have shade in any palette so I suspect eventually once I use up some of my other browns, I will really get a lot of use out of it.

Dahlia- I love pink eyeshadow. I have quite enough neon pinks in my collection, it's nice to have a more toned down pink. Nice to add in the crease for a bit of fun or just regular old pink looks. Great Quality. 

Baie-My first impressions of this color...wasn't really blown away. Not sure it comes across as plummy as I want and didn't build up how I wanted either. I might have to try it with outside purples to see how it goes. So far, not my fave plummy brown.

Cobalt- I pretty much bought this palette for the blue shade. Or it a was a big push. A lot of the blues in my collection end up grey on me They lose the blue pigment. I'm not sure. I've only used it in one look and it was a little more grey blue than I wanted. I need to keep playing with it. It swatches perfectly though.

One thing I really like about this palette as opposed to the 01 Neutral Mattes palette is that I can crank out a flattering matte look using just this palette. The other one, not so much. 

So far, I am really glad to have this one in my collection. It's making me want the warm mattes palette- especially because I am on the lookout for a deeper wearable yellow shade. I'm still on a no buy for now. At least for eyeshadow. Until I finish a few more. But I did sign up for their emails and if it does go on an amazing sale, I might have to pick it up! 


No comments:

Post a Comment