Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Lush Cinnamon Roll Bubble Bar Review

Mmmm,,, is there anything better than a fresh cinnamon roll?  Nope! I made some recently that were a fail- that would have come out perfectly if the oven hadn't decided to start acting up. I was so disappointed. But if at first you don't succeed try again. I probably won't be making any for a couple of months though...

Lush claims:

Splendidly spicy winter warmer

The most traditionally festive bath time awaits with this red and gold bubble bar. A warming spice mix of cinnamon and clove fills the air as bubbles build on top of the gold shimmering water.

When I hear the name cinnamon roll I definitely think of the food. This is not a food scent. It's craft store cinnamon...which I'm not a fan of. I always hate that scent when you walk into Jo-Anns or Michaels or whoever's craft store. It just smells like cheap cinnamon to me. And I love cinnamon...at least in food. I think I just like a sugary cinnamon scent though. 

I cut mine into three. The scent wasn't overpowering, it was just enough. Probably can cut it into more pieces but since this isn't my favorite scent, I don't really want it to last forever. 


While the scent wasn't my cup of tea, the water was super pretty. A pinkish purple with lots of gold shimmer. I don't recall any of the other bubble bars having shimmer- usually it's the bath bombs. Didn't get any great pics because you can't see it until the bubbles disappear. 


It also made nice bubbles that lasted a long time. I didn't stay in the tub as long as I usually do though. And it didn't dry my skin.

Looking through the ingredients, I do like how many warming oils are in it. And I did think briefly it also smelled like it had Patchouli in it. I don't really pick up the lime/orange oils though.

Ingredients:

Baking Soda, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Cornstarch, Synthetic Biodegradable Glitter, Cinnamon Oil, Clove Oil, Lime Oil, Brazilian Orange Oil, Benzoin Resinoid, Patchouli Oil, Fair Trade Organic Cinnamon Powder, Clove Powder, Titanium Dioxide, Tin Oxide, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamal, Coumarin, Eugenol, Limonene, Linalool, Perfume, Color

Overall, just not for me. It's nice that Lush ventured away from the citrus scents they love (I love them too!) and came out with something on the spicier side but this one wasn't for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment