Saturday, April 30, 2022

Covergirl Professional Super Thick Lash Mascara Review


 I think this is one of the oldest mascaras by Covergirl. It's in a simple pink packaging...I think I remember seeing it in middle school. But I'm not entirely sure...because I thought it came in blue packaging. Anyway, I love trying "classic" products that have been awhile for a long time. 

Covergirl claims: 

Get beautiful, thick, high-impact lashes with CoverGirl's Professional Super Thick Lash Waterproof Mascara! The brush separates, defines, and reaches those little lashes so you get bold, defined lashes so easy, so beautiful! 

Benefits 

  • Get beautiful, thick, high-impact lashes
  • Waterproof
  • Brush separates, defines, and reaches those little lashes so you get bold, defined lashes
  • Cruelty FreelSuitable for contact wearers and Sensitive eyes
  • Smudge-proof
Made In USA

It comes in a pink tube that feels average. Not the cheapest feeling packaging but definitely feels like drugstore. I'm not mad at it though...sometimes great things come in blah packaging.

The list price on Ultra is $6.99 but Ulta tends to price things a little higher, you can probably find it in Wally World cheaper. I'm not sure how much I paid for it. 

For some reason it has a "professional" claim. I know a lot of makeup- artist use drugstore mascara to stock their kit. It's more cost effective and mascara is not something you have to pay a lot of money for in order to get a decent one. Especially since most use their own applicators for sanitary  reasons. the brush is half the magic. But Covergirl is not a pro line.So it's odd they would call it "professional."



The brush is average. More on the larger side. And I tend to make a mess with it no matter how careful I am. Nothing special, just your average brush.

I'm not a fan of the formula itself. It's on the dry side. It tends to weigh my lashes down and instead of giving a lift they just look droopy. Especially by the end of the day. I don't think it would hold a curl well if you curled your lashes. I tend to not. Because..I'm lazy. But might try to do it more now that I have a new lash curler. 

It does add volume and length...butI would say it's more on the almost natural side. Unless you really pile it on. Which I also like to do because I don't want natural looking lashes. 

It seems to be drying up fast and although I haven't had it open for long, I can't see it lasting too much longer. 

Lackluster...

I didn't know it was supposed to be waterproof, it doesn't mention that anywhere on the packaging. Maybe I need to look again. I have noticed it's not super washable, it's slightly harder to take off, but nothing too terrible. I hate waterproof mascara though because it tends to mess up my lashes, this hasn't been too bad.

Sidenote- The MAC Radiance primer really does make your skin look radiant.... Really, really! 

Overall, not a fan. It's not the worst mascara I've ever used but I wouldn't buy it again since there are so many better ones out there. Maybe if you already have extremely curled long lashes you might like it, but on my short lashes....nope.

No comments:

Post a Comment