Thursday, April 28, 2022

Lush Polar Bear Soap Review

 


I almost forgot I bought this soap during the Christmas sale, but I've run through all of my shower gels and was digging around my collection for something and this turned up. Such a cute soap! 

Lush claims:
A bubbly, gentle wash

Back for 2021 with the classic Lush Snowcake scent, this cute soap will take pride of place on your sink side, ready to cleanse and moisturise even the tiniest hands with it's marzipan fragrance.
How to use: 

Lather up this gentle oat milk and soya yoghurt soap before rinsing away to leave soft skin

My sister bought this first, and that's when I noticed how good it smelled. It just sits there smelling up the room. It's kind of an almondy-marzipan scent. At first I though it was the Snowcake soap, it's similar but this is better. I wasn't a big fan of the Snowcake scent when I tried it way back in the day- even though this is supposed to be the same.  This smells better. Or maybe I just had a bad piece back then.. 

It smells really nice just sitting there but doesn't really deliver much in the shower. Then all the sudden it wanted to be lightly scented. That was a little disappointing.

It also melted extremely fast- barely even got a week. Sometimes cutting it into pieces will make it last longer but I didn't want to cut him into pieces, it's too cute.

On top of that, it also dried my skin out. Looked like I had an ash coating sitting on my skin.Not a good look. 

Maybe it's really just intended to be used as a hand soap?

It has some nice ingredients- Oat milk, Cocoa, Coconut oil, Rose Absolute, Soy yoghurt...etc It has a lot of goodies in it, not sure why it left my skin so dry looking.


Ingredients:

Oat Milk, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Water, Organic Castor Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Perfume, Soy Yoghurt, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Stearate, Benzoin Resinoid, Rose Absolute, Almond Essential Oil, Cassia Absolute, Citric Acid, Baking Soda, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Cinnamate, Cinnamal, Coumarin 

Overall, I probably wouldn't buy it again unless it was on sale and only to keep as a hand soap. Wish I could find this scent in a stronger scented and longer lasting bar...

No comments:

Post a Comment