Monday, May 16, 2022

Burt's Bees Hand Salve Review

 


I'm not big into hand cream but I hate having dry hands. Which I usually have in the Winter time. But wintertime is behind us and my hands are in better condition (kinda)...so probably not the best time to review a hand cream....or maybe it is? Especially since I think this is really meant as a gardening hand cream.

Burt's Bees claims:

BURT’S BEES HAND SALVE: With Burt’s Bees natural beeswax hand salve, give your hands the break they deserve with this naturally moisturizing hand balm that revitalizes tough, dried out skin; Package may vary

MOISTURIZER BALM: Burt’s Bees natural beeswax hand salve for dry skin keeps hands soft, smooth and moisturized with sweet almond oil that can also be used on elbows, knees and feet

ALL NATURAL: Formulated with lavender oil, eucalyptus and rosemary extract, Burt’s Bees 100% natural beeswax hand salve soothes skin and is formulated without phthalates, parabens, petrolatum, or SLS

OINTMENT: Treat skin with Burt’s Bees beeswax hand salve ointment that keeps skin healthy looking and smelling fresh with a natural, herbal scent that appeals to both men and women

SKIN CARE: Intended for daily use, warm a small amount of Burt’s Bees natural beeswax hand salve in your palm and gently massage into skin before and after outdoor activities

Moisturize your rough, dry hands with 100% natural Burt's Bees Hand Salve. Brimming with botanical oils, herbs and beeswax, this classic hand salve offers skin the hydration it craves with serious nourishment. The light herbal scent makes this moisturizer perfect for both men and women. The travel size tin fits in a pocket or purse for on the go hydration anytime, anywhere. For best results, use the salve daily before and after gardening or any other activity that can be harsh on your hands.

The list price on it is $8.99 for 3 oz. I got the mini size in a little sampler set and at first I wasn't sure it would be enough- but I think it is. It has a decent amount of applications. 

First thing I noticed was that it's truly a salve. Almost like a slightly harder petroleum jelly. I think this is my first hand cream that comes in this texture.

Second thing I noticed was the scent. It smells like Essential oil. Exactly like what's in it- Lavender, Eucalyptus, and Rosemary. One of my favorite combinations. And smells just like if I mixed the essential oils myself. It's quite an aromatherapy experience. 

A little goes a long way. And it's kinda greasy but not greasy greasy.  I can put it on and type on my computer without leaving grease all over the place. The first time I used it I really liked it. It really seemed to soften my hands but it never seemed to work the same after the first application. 

The instructions make it seem like it's something you want to use exclusively for gardening...the oils would be good for keeping bugs away so I can see why. 

It kinda works..it does add something to your hands...I'm just not sure it's my favorite texture. I think my preference is more a cream and something that contains water. I guess because it almost feels like adding oil to your hands that coat your hands and it's soft on the outside but dryer on the inside. Odd way to describe it and it doesn't do it as bad some other hand lotions/creams I have used.

I think it probably works best if your hands are kinda damp but I don't always use it directly after washing my hands. It also tends to live next to my computer and not in my bathroom because that's where I am mostly likely notice I need some hand cream. 

I love that it comes in an easily recycled tin. My favorite kind of packaging. Although sometimes it's hard to open. I don't mind though.

Ingredients are nice. All natural...I think I would prefer another main oil than Sweet Almond. It does have sunflower and soybean in it, which I think are what gives that "coated" yet dry feeling. I'm not the biggest fan of those two oils. At least they are lower down.

Ingredients:

Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Beeswax, Fragrance, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Canola Oil, Limonene, Linalool

Overall, it's not bad but I don't think I would buy it again. Glad I got to try it in the mini. Now I really want to try the Almond one but it's not in my local store. Bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment