Friday, May 27, 2022

Plant Therapy Sweet Almond Oil Review

 I think Sweet Almond Oil might be a favorite of mine. I definitely like it over the Fractionated Coconut Oil that seems to come standard in roller balls. Maybe they do that for allergy purposes? IDK. It's great for any DIY really.

Plant Therapy:

Sweet Almond carrier oil is an excellent emollient which softens and reconditions the skin. It penetrates easily and can soothe dry, irritated areas. Excellent for all skin types.

Well suited as a carrier oil for aromatherapy blends. Also useful as a bath or massage oil; excellent addition to lotion bars, sugar or salt scrubs and balms.

Users can expect a shelf life of 12 months under proper storage conditions (cool, out of direct sunlight). Refrigeration after opening is recommended.Botanical Name:

Prunus dulcis

Country of Origin:

United States

Extraction Method:

Cold pressed from the kernels of sweet almonds.

Aromatic Scent:

Sweet Almond carrier oil has very little scent, characteristic of most carrier oils.

Shelf Life:

1 Year

Consistency:

Typical of many carrier oils

Cautions:

Made from almonds (a tree nut). Although our expert states skin reactions to nut oils are rare, those with nut allergies should consult their medical practitioner before coming into contact with sweet almond oil. Massage therapists: note that this oil may stain linens.













I can't remember how much I paid for it, I'm sure I bought it on sale. Currently the size I got (one pound) retails for $18.99. This is one oil that you can get at great prices through wholsesale supplier website, but I order a lot from Plant Therapy so I don't mind picking it up at their prices.  (free shipping too).

It doesn't really have a smell- no almond scent whatsoever. I wish I could find an Almond scented oil but that would probably interfere with what I wanted it for. Which is to make roller balls, and mix into my DIY Shea Butter mixes. 

I've had it months and months- not keeping it in the fridge. Probably should have though. I like it because it lasts so much longer than fractionated coconut oil. That one seems to go rancid , especially in roller balls. This oil keeps much better.

And I like it in my DIY oils or even Shea Mixes, it's just a great easy to mix in, goes with them all oil. It's not too oily. Sinks in quickly...all that good stuff. 

I bought it from Aura Cacia a few years back, from what I can remember they seem to be the same quality...

This is virgin and unrefined. Which is exactly how you want your oils, all the benefits remain intact the less they are processed. 

It's a favorite basic oil. Now I just need to get my hands on some Apricot, that one is pretty popular and I don't think I've tried it yet. I kinda want to compare and see which I prefer...but this will probably last me for a few more months...



No comments:

Post a Comment