Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Soap and Skincare Haul

 I want to open some of these and have a look so that's why I'm trying to get them posted today.....I need a safe place to keep the pictures until I review them because otherwise, I will take the pictures and then delete them. Somehow...someway.

I got some of these from Amazon, some from Nordstrom. Here's what I got...

Ursa Major Morning Mojo Bar Soap- I don't really know much about this brand, I just saw it was on sale and though a mint and eucalyptus soap sounded nice for some variety. It's made in Vermont, uses sustainable sourced palm oil, plastic free, and seems to have really nice ingredients. It's more on the normal size with it's 5 oz weight. It's smells exactly like mint and eucalyptus (and Rosemary). 

L'occitane Shea Milk Soap- Also picked up a soap from  L'occitane. I've never tried anything from the brand but always wanted to. I heard that these soaps were better before the reformulation but I haven't tried it so can't compare. No palm oil at all (save the rain forest!) and made in France. It smells like Sandalwood. Not sure I like it so I will have to reserve judgement until I lather it up.  

La Chatelaine Wild Fig Soap- This brand was on Oprah's Favorite Things 2019 list. Also made in France. It doesn't smell like Fig but it does smell nice. It's a nice big 7 ounce size. I can't wait to try it! It doesn't really smell anything like I thought it would smell but it is nice (a bit masculine though). I think they have a Watermelon one I really want to try as well.

Fresh Waterlily Soap- I think this one overpowers all the other soaps. It's a very fresh water-y scent. And I love that it comes with a semi-precious stone. Wish they would tell you what stone it is- I have no idea! But I will find a place to stash it. Could be Amethyst? IDK. I really love the way it's packaged. Can't wait to try it and maybe get my hands on more of them! Also made in France. I thought it was going to be made in the US so I was a little surprised to see that! 

La Chatelaine Passion Fruit Soap- Smells nothing like Passion Fruit...but it does smell really nice. I can't decided which I like more- the Fig or the Passion Fruit. But I will definitely be picking up more. Or I guess I should wait until I use it before I decide that. 


And then the splurge-. Or I guess all of this was a Splurge. But this really a splurge. The Tatcha Rice Polish. Made in Japan. I've gotten it in my head that I want to try more of the iconic products so I found a random list and I'm starting there. I did get this with a discount since it it my first Tatcha product. I can't wait to start using it and review it. Eventually. I'm not sure how often I am supposed to use it so I might start with twice a week. Might have to go wash my face now to give it a whirl. 


And that's all! Until the next soap haul.....





No comments:

Post a Comment