Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Royalty Soaps Tiana Soap Review

 I've been watching Royalty Soaps Youtube channel on and off for years. I'm just fascinated with the soap making process and at one point was going to try it myself before I realized I am scared of Lye and I prefer trying what other people create. I wanted to get into buying and trying more small business hand crafted soaps...but I get side tracked easily. There are just so many options out there...and I also do really like trying "luxury soap" too. Anyway, I'm still a bit obsessed with Princess Tiana. So when I saw this I had to get. That and it is supposed to be Waterlily scented...like one of my favorite scented soaps I tried this year.


It's a green swirly soap with black on top (her hair) and a little flower embedded with bio glitter on top. I love the look of homemade soaps. I think this is cute, maybe not my favorite design but it's Princess Tiana. It was packaged nicely, arrived in perfect condition, and also arrived quickly! 

The first thing I noticed was the scent. I wasn't a fan. But you never now until you actually use it. It's supposed to be Waterlily and Jasmine scented and I love that she shows what fragrance oil is used. It's this one from Natures Garden. It smells like a dyer sheet/fabric softener scent. And it's strong which is nice. Its just I don't really like the scent. And I feel it gets worse in the shower. It kinda smells like ugly flowers, IDK.  I wish I liked the scent and it sounded like something I would like. But it's OK. Scents are subjective. 

One thing I think looks better in the soap vids are the bio glitter. They weren't as sparkly as they appeared on camera. But at least they are biodegradable glitter. She also uses responsibly sourced Palm oil. I like that too. 

The actual soap itself is excellent. It lathers well, rinses clean, and leaves my skin feeling normal. No lotion necessary for days at a time. In fact, I could probably just stop using it. I really liked that. I think it's my favorite thing about her soaps. 

But..they do melt quickly. It's a larger bar but it really doesn't seem to last any longer than some smaller bars I have used. Not something that makes me upset..especially since it seems to work so well on my skin. But something worth noting. 

Ingredients: 

Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Organic and Sustainably Grown Palm Oil, Water, Lye, Castor Seed Oil, Fragrance, Almond Oil, Skin Safe Colourants, Kaolin, Eco Friendly Glitter

Overall, I would definitely try another soap from Royalty Soaps and hope I pick out a better scent next time. 






No comments:

Post a Comment