Monday, January 16, 2023

Lun Aroma Patchouli Ylang Soap


I really can't make out the label on this bar of soap so that's the name we will go with. I picked this soap up on vacation in the airport in Rome. They had some super cheap smelling soap and these bars that were a little more pricy..I went with this one because it seems handcrafted and it also has a high percentage of Olive Oil.

I couldn't really smell the soap through my mask or the plastic packaging so I just picked this one because I like Patchouli and Ylang Ylang Oil...and I was hoping it would smell like Lush Karma soap which is also a mix or Patchouli and Ylang Ylang.

No such luck. It smells like Hospital soap, mixed with nasty bathroom, and ugly patchouli. I do like patchouli scents but wasn't really a fan of the scent of this soap. I also had some bath salts years ago in this same scent combination that smelled so much better than this. It can be a really nice scent when done correctly.

The soap itself is handcrafted and looks like Halloween with the orange and black. Not my favorite design unless it was actually for Halloween.

It does feel really hydrating though in the shower and has a different lather feel than most other soaps I have tried. I guess it's that Olive Oil doing it's thing. That said I think it could have cleaned better. 

Ingredients:

Coconut Oil, Water, Olive Oil, Palm Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Alkanes, Trticumvulgare, Patchouli Oil, Ylang Ylang Flower Oil, Pepper Extract, Linalool, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzylsalicylate, Farnesol, Geraniol, Eugenol

Overall, not for me. I do have one more from the brand and I'm hoping I have better luck with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment