Sunday, January 15, 2023

Harlem Candle Company Vintage Garden Candle Review


 


I bought this on sale (surprise) for the price of $38. It definitely wasn't the candle I planned on purchasing next- I really wanted to get my hands on the Langston or Speakeasy candle. But that's the power of a sale.


Harlem claims: 

Dare to search for the secret garden of your most vivid imagination… lush, with an untamed bouquet of perfumed blossoms and botanicals so intoxicating that you cannot resist their potent allure. Inhale, and you are helplessly seduced by this forbidden oasis.

Vintage Garden recreates this magical dream, evoking the tantalizing aroma of a wild Renaissance garden lined with rare fruits, spices, woods and flowers.

Peaceful and serene, the spiritual essence transports you along delicately curved paths and porticoes with a exuberant opening of marjoram, Italian mandarin and wild berries. May rose, absinthe and angelica form an emotional heart, as strawberry musk, resinous birchwood and smoky vetiver bring a warm, sensual finish to this beautiful blend that conjures up visions of infinite tranquility.

Top: Marjoram, Italian mandarin, Wild berries
Middle: May Rose, Absinthe, Angelica
Base: Strawberry-Musk, Birch wood, Haitian Vetiver

I thought from the description this was not going to be a candle for me...and I wasn't wrong. It really does smell like an old school garden that makes me think of plants I don't think I've smelled. Other than that I'm not sure how to describe it. Old school garden- none of the garden herbs that you would typically smell. Just everything else. Not a Deep South garden either. Maybe more a northern herb garden and it really does transport you to another era and time. 

The scent smells like it's great quality...the candle really fills up a large space. It doesn't smell cheap etc.

As always the packaging is in line with the other candles, it's more elevated since it comes in a box...and a pretty but plain green glass. 

It does claim 80 hours...and I don't think it lasts that long. I have noticed a difference in burn length between some of my other Harlem Candles...and this one seems to burn a little quicker. It does burn evenly though..and cleanly as long as you trim the wicks and burn for the recommended amount of time. 

Overall, this is not one I would purchase again and would recommend smelling before you buy unless you are familiar with the notes. If you like garden scents and are looking for something unique and completely different...this might be for you. This is still a brand I completely love though and would recommend trying at least one candle from, it also get's points for being a black owned brand. 



No comments:

Post a Comment