Friday, January 13, 2023

Lush Movis Face Wash Review

I have spent so many hours in the last couple of weeks learning about video game history. I know the history of Mario, Donkey Kong, different video game developers, which games won game of the year, the history of Grand Theft Auto (I just got five and tried to play it, it's fun but I kinda suck at it 😁). I've spent more time looking up history of the different consoles and everything else than actually playing video games. But that's going to change now that I have my copy for Just Dance 2023, it doesn't look as fun as past years but I'm going to give it a try anyway. It might be the last one I get though...I prefer the format of 2022 and the fact that the PS camera actually works with it. But...since this is a post about face wash and not video games, let me stop rambling. 

Lush Movis claims:

B-ready for a good cleanse?

Give dry skin a gentle, cleansing scrub with this vitamin-rich face wash made with exfoliating wheat-based ingredients and hydrating cocoa butter.

Grab a slice of Movis for a rich and moisturizing clean. This face soap is the first of its kind—its spongy texture is packed full of wheat-based ingredients and is rich in vitamin E to help skin look smooth and radiant. Whole wheat breadcrumbs are mixed right in to help exfoliate away dry bits and revive the skin. And with cleansing labdanum and sandalwood oil, your face will feel refreshed and clear.

This is only the second of the Lush face washes I have tried. They have three. While the charcoal one is more geared toward oily, problematic skin, or just deep cleansing this one seems best for dryer skin. It's a very unique little bar of soap in that it actually has bread in it. And it makes a mess. Little pieces get everywhere, I have to keep the sink cleaner on hand and do quick cleans in order to keep the sink from looking a mess.

At least the little bread crumbs are exfoliating though. 

The texture itself is very soft and prone to falling apart. It's also very malleable. Almost like the texture of real African Black soap. 

The scent is kinda like Lush Porridge soap, or reminiscent of an oatmeal/rye bread. I really like the scent and love the fact that it lingers. 

It cleans surprisingly well, and it very moisturizing. I think this may be the moist moisturizing face wash I have ever used. No dryness or tightness to be find. And it makes your skin look and feel healthier and more radiant. The way it makes my skin look makes me almost forget about the mess it makes. 

I love the ingredient list. It really ties the bread concept together with the Wheatgerm oil, Wheat Germ, and actual bread. It has a lot of things known to be great for skin. 

Ingredients:

Water, Wholemal Bread, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Granulated Sugar, Sunflower Oil, Wheatgerm Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Perfume, Wheat Bran, Hop Oil, Labdanum Resinoid, Sandalwood Oil, Citric Acid, Baking Soda, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate

Overall, I think this is a great facial cleanser and one I would recommend if you don't mind a bit of a mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment