Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Lux Naturals Coconut Calypso Soap Review

 I have officially made it to Day 1 Seattle Abby in the The Last of Us Game. I'm determine to finish the game although I think I might be a little stuck at the moment. I'm going to give it another try today before I look up a guide for how to get through the tight spot I'm in. I've also started watching the show which I'm a little lost on...but catching up quickly. Or at least I think I am. It's amazing how the sets look just like the game. Whoever is the set designer did an amazing job. 

But back to Coconut Soap. 

Lux claims:

An exotic, true coconut scent

There are not many coconut scented bath and body things out there, I think maybe Coconut is just a hard scent to nail. And...Lux didn't get it for me. I've tried Coconut stuff from a few brands- J.R. Watkins, The Body Shop, Bath and Body Works , Burt's Bees, etc. None of them have been amazing or even just decent Coconut scents. I guess I'll just add this to the list.

It smells kind of a like a Bath and Body Works Warm Vanilla scent...but I think Bath and Body Works does it better. I really just wasn't a fan of this...though I wanted to be.



The design is cool. A coconut is brown and white, this soap is brown and white. Maybe not the most exciting in their line up but it works.

As far as how it performs- basically like all the others. Lathers well, rinses clean, doesn't coat or dry my skin.

The ingredients are excellent. They seem to have a base soap recipe they tweak a little depending on the soap. Love that it has Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Jojoba and Castor oil. And I also love that they use sustainable Palm Oil. This is a fragrance oil soap, so not scented with essential oil but they do offer essential oil only soaps. 

Ingredients:

Ingredients: Saponified- Coconut Oil, Palm Kernel Oil, Olive Oil, Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Organic Sustainable Palm Oil, Castor Oil. Avocado Oil, Jojoba Oil, Natural Soap Base, Fragrance*, Mineral Pigment. *Phthalate Free. 98% Natural

Overall, not something I would buy again or recommend to those looking for a true Coconut scent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment