Sunday, January 29, 2023

Aveda Hand Relief Moisturizing Creme Review



 The last hand cream I had, I lost...have no idea where it could have gone. Last place I saw it was in the house so that's where I thought I would find it but nope! Maybe it's in one of my hand bags. In the meantime I just went ahead and opened this one from Aveda that has been waiting for me. 

Aveda claims:

A rich hand creme that intensely moisturizes, leaving hands feeling soft and smooth.

hand relief moisturizing creme
Treat your hardworking hands to this luxuriously rich hand creme, which intensely moisturizes and leaves hands feeling soft and smooth.

KEY INGREDIENTS
Andiroba oil and other plant hydrators help provide skin with long-lasting nourishment and moisture.
FREE FROM: Parabens, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Formaldehyde, Animal Ingredients, Paraffin, Lanolin & Synthetic Fragrance

The first thing I noticed was the scent. It's kinda like a mild citrus and cinnamon scent. I'm not a fan. It reminds me of the Hope Essential Oil Blend I had from Eden's Garden. Usually I'm not a fan of cinnamon scents and especially not mixed with anything citrus. As I've continued to use it the scent hasn't really bothered me. I think I'm getting used to it. 



The cream itself is rich and light. It absorbs into the skin super quickly. I can rub some right in and go to type on my keyboard without any worry of grease or oil. Or leaving fingerprints.  It also seems to last on my skin for awhile and really prevent some ash I can get in the winter. It even feels like it's providing some protection through hand washing. I especially like putting it on before I go outside. 

It has a lot of positive points- and I like it. But it's not my favorite. I don't really like the way it feels when it absorbs. My hands don't feel coated...but it feels like there something there. I think it might be the Dimethicone in it. Which I find interesting because I loved their shampoo and conditioner for the fact that it did not contain any dimethicone.

I also feel a little torn when looking through the ingredients. I usually like to see something more natural at the top, and although it does have quite a few oils hat are great for the skin, the top ingredients are not so great. They are pretty typical for what you would see in a drugstore hand cream or drugstore moisturizer.

Ingredients:

gredients: Water\Aqua\Eau, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Polyglyceryl-6 Dioleate, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Lactic Acid, Peg-100 Stearate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Carapa Guaianensis (Andiroba) Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Maltodextrin, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Hydroxide, Fragrance (Parfum), Linalool, Citral, Limonene, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol <ILN45354>


Retail price is $26. I got mine for a bargain since it came in one of their sets. I think the list price is a little excessive. I wouldn't pay more than $15 for it. And that's being generous. Likely I won't repurchase because I think I would prefer a different formula and a different scent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment