Sunday, March 26, 2023

Lux Naturals Almond Oatmeal Heaven Soap Review

 I'm down to the last three Lux soaps...which is good because I'm ready to move on and try something else. I still might circle back to the brand because there are still a few scents I haven't tried but I need a little break. I saw this soap years ago on the sight and it sounded like something I would love- I love the scent of Almond scent bath stuff, and I love Oatmeal in soaps, masks, as breakfast. Unfortunately this one didn't do it for me.

Lux claims:

A decadently rich almond scent with oatmeal for exfoliation.

When I first got the soap, the scent of Almond Extract was barely noticeable. It probably should have been one of the first I tried but I kinda forgot about it. When I finally did take it out the packaging to use, I cut the soap into two and took it into the shower. I thought maybe once I got through the top layer the scent would be underneath...but nope! No almond scent whatsoever. Just the underlying scent that seems to be on all their soaps. That was disappointing because I was expecting a rich almond scent. 

Other than the disappointment of the smell, the soap works like all their others- although I do think it was slightly more drying. Lathers nicely, rinses cleanly etc.

It does have hard oats in it, which you can use as exfoliation. I found it too harsh to use all over but was nice as a "foot scrub". 

Ingredients as always get an A+. It has some nicer oils and butters- Cocoa and Shea Butter, Avocado Oil, Jojoba Oil. It's scented with Essential Oil. And used sustainable palm oil. 

Ingredients:

Ingredients: Saponified- Coconut Oil, Palm Kernel Oil, Olive Oil, Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Organic Sustainable Palm Oil, Castor Oil. Avocado Oil, Jojoba Oil, Essential Oil, Ground Oats.


Overall, this was kind of a let down. Mostly due to the lack of scent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment