Sunday, March 26, 2023

Rose Lemonade, Perfectly Smooth Raspberry Ice cream, Eggplant Parmesan

 It's already time for another food post. I was just knocking recipe after recipe out last week.


Starting with Rosewater Lemonade. This was inspired by a recipe from Afghan Kitchen Recipes. I didn't feel like following exactly so I did my own thing. Lemon Juice, Sugar Syrup, Rosewater, and added some strawberries too.



Next up I made Raspberry Ice cream. This was a recipe from the Unofficial Harry Potter cookbook. It used about two and a half packs of raspberries pureed and it actually had a really great raspberry flavor. I'm not sure it would be better than raspberry sorbet though.It love that it's not too sweet. I think that's my favorite thing about the ice cream recipes in this book.



Last up Eggplant Parmesan. I'm not a fan of chicken parmesan but figured I would give the Eggplant version a try. I might have had it years ago but I really don't remember. It's not bad. It's not my favorite, but it's OK. It did get better as it sat and my family really liked this one. I made it after work and think it might have been a little too much work on a weekday. I made my own marinara too. Not my first choice of dinner ideas but if you like Eggplant, could be worth trying. It's baked and not fried...and kind of reminds me of a slightly healthier lasagna. You can find the recipe here.



And that's all...



No comments:

Post a Comment