Sunday, March 19, 2023

Poached Salmon in Honey and Dill Sauce, Lobster and Cream Cheese Wontons, and Belgian Waffles

 I really feel like I've been in the kitchen the past few weeks....especially compared to the beginning of the year. I'm glad I'm back in the swing of things because trying new recipes is something I really enjoy doing. So here's what I've made in the past couple of weeks.

Poached Salmon- This is Aunt Petunia's recipe from the Unofficial Harry Potter cookbook. I'm not a fan of Aunt Petunia but based on this- she does have some good recipes. I tried poaching salmon years ago and that was a complete bland disaster. This was different. I made it on my 30 minute lunch break  and it's for sure a quick one. This recipe is 5 stars for a quick week day dinner and it feels really fancy with the wine and fresh herbs. I got the recipe from the book but found a site that has it posted. I would definitely make it again! I had mine with a simple side salad and rice. 


Next up..."Lobster" wontons. I used imitation crab because I have no idea where to get imitation Lobster here and don't think it's worth using real Lobster. I did buy a can of crab though because I was about to use real crab in half the batch but then got lazy. I kinda hate rolling wontons. I halved the recipe so I still have half a pack of the wrappers to use up. They will likely be in the freezer for the next year. They were pretty good though..but probably wouldn't make again just because I really do hate making wontons. Had mine with broccoli and rice. 


And last up...Belgian Waffles. My favorite. I LOVE waffles, not sure why I don't really make them. Maybe because I always burn myself and they felt like a lot of work and made a lot of dishes. They were worth it though. Would make these again and again. I whipped up some whipped cream that I spiked with Salted Caramel Bailey's liquor. And then we had them with maple syrup aged in Whiskey Barrels. Oh and berries. Can't leave out the berries! I would eat these everyday if I could. I think one of these days I need to try to make chicken and waffles...



And that's all! 



No comments:

Post a Comment