Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Blacked Steak Salad, Mocha Spiced Hot Cocoa, and Breakfast Pizza

 I've been binging Hunger Games the past couple of days, I almost forgot how much I loved that series. I still cry when Rue, and Prim died....all the sad parts really. Also I think at one point I didn't understand how/why Katniss ended up with Peeta before I finished the series and watched the book, but I'm really glad she did. As always the Capital is my favorite part. I always feel it's a commentary on society that I could ramble on about forever. But I won't. This is a cooking post. So here's what I made this past week or so.

Blackened Steak Salad. I think this is my first steak salad. Why I haven't tried this before I don't know.  I did a terrible job plating it, forgot the avocados, prolly should have mixed it but that's OK.  Steak came out amazing. I didn't use Cajun Seasoning. I used a seasoning I got from Penzey's. I think it's called Northwood. The dressing was also really good, it was just sour cream, salsa, and lime juice. I also used my go to favorite salad mix instead of Spinach. 





Then I made Mocha Spiced Hot Cocoa in the Vitamix. This is my first time making hot drinks in the Vitamix and it's not a bad process. This drink was just OK though. I wouldn't make this one again, it came out a little strong on the coffee, think I used too much. Whoops. I did make some Bailey's Salted Caramel Whipped Cream to go in it.



And last- but not least- a Breakfast Pizza. I didn't make the pizza dough, I just used some my Dad made. My sister bought my Dad "The Pizza Bible" for Christmas and he has been obsessed with it, always making a pizza crust. The crust was pretty amazing though. I added most of the topping (except Ham), tomatoes, green onion, and one egg cause I wasn't sure about eggs on pizza. The egg on the pizza wasn't bad. Baked it on a pizza stone and it came out just like something you would get at an excellent pizza parlor. It was really good! 


And that's all!  Until the next post...


No comments:

Post a Comment