Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Lush Fresh Farmacy Facial Soap Review


 Lush has three facial soaps and now I have tried all three! There is the charcoal one for oily/problem skin, the bread one for moisturizing, and this one- for sensitive skin.

Lush claims:

Calming calamine soap bar

Feel like you have the world’s most sensitive skin? Allow us to prescribe you a bar of our pale pink cleansing bar with chamomile extract to calm, rose and lavender to soothe dry patches, and tea tree to keep skin clean and clear. With lots of calamine powder to calm troubled skin, this facial soap is great for gently easing skin back into balance.

The first thing I noticed was the scent- which is kinda your generic Lush scent. It's pleasant and unobtrusive. It doesn't really linger either. I was surprised that it was scented as usually things meant for sensitive skin are not scented. 

Next thing I noticed is that it really doesn't do well being cut. I tend to cut soaps into pieces as it makes them last longer but this one just sort of crumbles apart and you end up wasting it, so I cut only one piece and then used the rest of the soap uncut. It seems to melt a bit quicker but it's a really firm soap that doesn't just sit in the soap dish melting away. It dries out pretty nicely after use. I think that's because of the calamine powder...

Which is a pretty unique ingredient. I always love that about Lush though, they really do bring something different. I haven't used Calamine lotion much. I remember using it most on a school trip where we were hiking in the mountains and many of my classmates ended up with sunburn. Myself included. We all put Calamine lotion on. It was pretty soothing. I tried to use it again when I randomly became allergic to North Carolina in the summer and ended up with hives. The lotion didn't work but maybe it was expired. 


It works nicely though...cleans makeup off pretty well, lathers nicely, rinses clean. Leaves my skin slightly dry- sometimes. I think it really does a good job of sucking up oil which makes it excellent for slightly sensitive oily skin.

I haven't had any skin issues while using it, doesn't seem to cause spots. If you do get spots, it seems to dry them up nicely. I think I like this better than the Charcoal soap. That's a little surprising. It just seems better at sucking up the oil without drying your skin too much. It also makes the skin feel smoother and look a bit brighter.

The ingredients are Ok. I never like seeing Propylene Glycol so high in the ingredient list. I am happy to see how much Calamine Powder it has though, it's the very first ingredient. It also has some other great oils and waters- Chamomile,  Elderflower, Rose Absolute, and Lavender.

Ingredients: 

Calamine Powder, Propylene Glycol, Chamomile and Elderflower Decoction, Canola oil, Coconut Oil, Sodium Laurel Sulfate, Sodium Stearate, Water, Lavender Oil, Chamomile Blue Oil, Tea Tree Oil, Rose Absolute, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide, EDTA, Sodium EDTA, Limonene, Linalool, Perfume

Overall, I like it. I think it's a unique soap that's worth trying. If I didn't constantly need to try new things, it's one I would consider purchasing again. I think it might make my end of the year favorite's list. 




No comments:

Post a Comment