Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Lush Charcoal Facial Soap Review



I think Lush was the very first product I saw with Charcoal. Or Origins Charcoal Face Mask. Since that time I've seen and used so many charcoal things- I have a toothpaste with it, tried a deodorant and bath salts with it. Tried tons of soaps featuring it. I've wanted to try Lush Facial soaps for awhile now so I was happy when I was able to pick this up half price. 

Lush claims:

When your skin feels like it needs a deep clean, use this clarifying charcoal facial soap. It’s gentle enough for your face, but you can use it all over your body. Rosewood and sandalwood add a comforting scent and help to keep skin clear. 

We'll start off with the scent. It smells like Lush but also very medical. I'm not sure how to describe the scent- I don't see what it could be from the ingredients- licorice? Menthol? Not sure but it smells like it's really gonna go the distance to deep clean your face.

The soap itself is black and subtly sparkly, very soft (melts quickly) and lathers up grey. There are also scrubby bits in it so it is kinda exfoliating. That being said, I don't think this soap is for sensitive skin at all. I seem to be OK with it and haven't noticed any negative effects. I do always grease up afterwards but I wouldn't say my skin has been dryer. Then again it is still pretty warm. 

Anyway..it lathers up well and really feels like it's deep cleaning my skin. Takes makeup off pretty easily-except mascara. But I don't think this is the type of soap you want to rub into your eyes- even though I do everyday. 

The only downside it is really does melt fast. Almost every other facial soap I've tried lasts way longer. You can definitely find other soaps that would be better value for money. I even cut mine into chunks to make it last longer but it still melts away pretty quickly. 

It does have some nice ingredients. Not completely natural and you can find 100 percent natural charcoal soaps pretty easily. It does have some nicer oils though- Rosewood, and Sandalwood Oil.  Licorice Root which is hydrating and anti-bacterial. Also some fair trade ingredients. 

Ingredients: 

 Water and Licorice Root Decoction, Propylene Glycol,Sodium Hydroxide, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter, Glycerin, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Organic Castor Oil, Perfume, Linalool, Sandalwood Oil, Rosewood Oil,  Glycerin, Powdered Charcoal, Citric Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Tin Oxide, Synthetic Glitter, Geraniol, Colour. 

Overall, it's an OK Charcoal soap. It's not my favorite of the bunch that I've tried. I think my favorite was definitely the Zum Charcoal soap. Herbivore Bamboo Charcoal was pretty good too.

Maybe I'll try Movis next....

No comments:

Post a Comment