Saturday, March 9, 2019

Zum Bar Charcoal Goat Milk Soap Review

Remember when charcoal was the ingredient you saw everywhere? For a minute it seems it was in every mask and even food! The first thing I ever used with charcoal was an Origin's mask. Since then I've tried various natural soaps with charcoal such as the One With Nature Activated Charcoal soap and  The Seaweed Company Detox soap. I've even had a sample or two of the Boscia Charcoal line. So far, I like charcoal beauty products and am sure this won't be the last.

Zum claims:
  • Think of this activated charcoal Zum Bar as autotune for your skin. It helps damaged skin, remove impurities, and make any body feel and smell damn good.
    • Essential oils
    • Plant-based, simple ingredients

The bar itself is a small 3 oz bar of black and grey soap. I still haven't gotten over the novelty of a black soap! I love it. And I especially love the grey that's on top of the bar. It is definitely a unique and cute little bar.

The smell isn't really very distinct. It has that base smell all Zum soaps have and then something else. It's not strong and I like the scent but it's not really a standout in this product. It does make my washcloth smell amazing though. Lingers slightly on skin.

The lather is great-as with all ZUM soaps. It makes a ton! And I noticed this bar of soap lasted me a tiny bit over two weeks. Which isn't long but it lasted a lot longer than the other soaps I've used from the same brand. I'm not really sure why that is but I was pleased.

It cleans well and rinses easily. I don't know about "detoxing". I'm not sure a soap can do that. I love how non-drying it was. In fact, I could skip lotion. I don't have body acne but I think this one would be a great one to try if you do! 

I did try this bar on my face a couple times and I loved it! It really helped clear the oil on my skin without stripping it and made my skin look really fresh. 

And the ingredients are great. All natural! Although I always question what a goat milk base means.

Ingredients:
Saponified 100% food grade olive, coconut, palm & castor oils, in a goat's milk base, with pure essential oils and activated charcoal. Enjoy!


Overall, I really really like it. I really do. I think if you are looking to try a charcoal soap, this is a good option! It is on the pricier end of soap...but I think this one is worth it! 

1 comment:

  1. Nice Blog,
    A great charcoal soap for acne dark spot treatment, made with bamboo charcoal, sea salt & tea tree oil. Has powerful cleansing dirt & impurities from pores and toning properties.

    ReplyDelete