Tuesday, October 3, 2017

One With Nature Activated Charcoal Soap with Dead Sea Minerals Argan Oil and Shea Butter



Charcoal for skincare was all the rage a couple months ago. I've tried a couple of things featuring the ingredient...an Origins Face Mask with Activated Charcoal and also a a cellulite detox soap from The Seaweed Company. I think it had a surge of popularity because of the novelty of the color. It's supposed to be really beneficial for the skin. Who would have thought?

One With Nature claims:
Activated charcoal absorbs 100 to 200 times its weight in impurities. Beneficial for problem skin to clear and calm. Activated charcoal acts like a magnet to attract and absorb bacteria, poisons, chemicals, dirt and other micro-particles when they come in contact with activated charcoal, they stick to it and get washed away helping to achieve a flawless, clear and even toned complexion.
Triple milled* right at the source — The Dead Sea. Absolutely nothing artificial.
*Triple milling creates a higher quality, longer lasting bar.

After reading the claims, I kind of feel like it would be better as a facial soap. But I went ahead and used it in the shower because that's what I had originally bought it for. And I have a facial soap I'm testing out. I think I would still  purchase another one down the line for my face though. I just want to see if it helps with keeping my skin clear.

It has a very fresh, smell. Not at all overpowering. It smells familiar but still hard to describe. I think maybe one of the other mud soaps from the same company kind of had a similar scent. It's not an offensive scent and I think everyone would like it. I don't think the scent stands out enough for me to ever purchase it because of the scent. But it's not bad.

It's a triple-milled bar. So it lasts longer than your typical, all natural hand made bar. The lather is great. And it's very cleansing, without drying my skin. 

I really liked it. I can't really think of a single bad thing to say about it!

It's a 7 oz bar. Made in Jordan. It has 21 beneficial minerals from the Dead Sea (which they are committed to preserving with a partnership with Friends of the Earth Middle East).

Ingredients:
 Sodium Palmate (Saponified Palm Oil), Sodium Palm Kernelate (Saponified Palm Kernel Oil), Water (Aqua), Parfum (Fragrance), Sodium Chloride (Salt), Glycerin (Vegetable Glycerin), Activated Charcoal, Maris Sal (Dead Sea Salt), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Argania Spinosa (Argan Oil), Citric Acid, Tocopherol (Vitamin E).

I got mine for $2.99...or $3.99. I can't remember. It was on sale though. And it's soap I wouldn't mind buying again, although I do think there are much more interesting soaps out there to try so I probably won't buy this one again-except as a facial bar. 

Now I just need to try an activated charcoal toothpaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment